Hi, my 2013 Caddy 1.6TDi has just had a new cambelt kit + waterpump fitted (still only 40k miles) and a full service but after using it for about 150 miles I'm convinced it now has a whining noise from the engine that was not present prior to the belt being fitted.
I've questioned the garage (non VW) and he at first said it's the turbo but then agreed he was listening to a "different" noise to what i was hearing.

Can anyone point me to a possible causes? I know everything was fine with the vehicle prior to this and the cambelt was only being changed due to the 4 year rule
Garage owner is reluctant to admit it's anything to do with the work they've done and it must have been pre-existing and I just hadn't notice it previously.

He says he will remove the aux belt and see if the whining goes away - if it does it's obviously one of the components driven by the aux drive belt, if it doesn't it must be something under the cambelt cover (and therefore his responsibility).
I'm not sure how this is all going to pan out but I'm not happy with the whining noise or his "I know best" and "they all sound like that" attitude.

The vehicle had a full cambelt kit fitted by VW at 8700miles in 2017 due to the 4 year rule so this is the second one also under the 4 year rule.

Just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation with cambelt whine after renewal, I've found several cases on the net but mostly due to too tight adjustment of the manual tensioner but mine is an automatic adjuster.

Thanks
Tony