I am seriously considering ordering a new Audi A7 and I wish to harness the power and knowledge of these forums. It’s a significant investment and was looking for input and opinions around the areas outlined below.

I have a 2013 C7 A6 Black Edition 2.0 Tdi (with added options etc) Car has now done 100k miles and prob has plenty life left in it yet…apart from few minor niggles. I am seriously considering a new replacement and have the resources to potentially put into the new car experience. The delivery delay issue has held me back till now… but now considering this again seriously as we enter 2022.

Happy and grateful to receive opinions (however direct/stark) on any of the following related areas:

1. Supplier and proposed lifecycle: Was proposing to use ‘drive the deal’ as the supplier and my strategy has always been to keep cars long term; C8-10 years. Last new car in 2014 I got c20% discount thro DTD. I’m thinking that this route is still one of the best/cost effective ways to buy a high end new car?
2. Model: Audi A7 55 TFSI E. Fancied a change up to the A7… and due to the electric evolution…thought that the petrol/plug in hybrid was the right stepping stone. Whats the opinion/value on the further step up to the fully electric Etron GT? My thots that the charging infra not quite there to go to fully electric ..plus there is the further step up in cost.
3. Car use/ charging regime: I still work and need the capability to travel a fair distance …without any charging anxiety. Hence go for plug in hybrid. Go for most powerful engine for fun factor. I think I would stick to fairly strict charging regime for most cost effective short range local runs use on fully electric etc (c25-30mile). Opinions on overall running costs? (I have yet to do the leccy sums on just how cost effective only electric running will be)
4. Trim Level: Vorsprung trim. I like my toys in the car.. so thot Vorsprung was the right level. Opinions; value for money?.. What about the step up/diff to the Comp trim? (What’s the difference?)
5. Delivery issues: What’s the latest on this. How is this developing in 2022 etc?
6. Summary Opinions: What do people think on shifting a significant dod of money into the new car experience ….as opposed to just keep running an older Audi.

Any opinions on any of the above points; either from new C8 owners or from people considering making a similar change, gladly received. Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk