Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi
    I've just fitted a new EGR valve to our2012 Seat Leon 1.6tdi. Yes, it's one from eBay and I know I shouldn't have, but it's an old car.... Anyway, fitting it went as well as it can, given the placement of the thing. However, when I fired it up, I now have a continuous flashing coil light and a different error code(P040800)Sensor B circuit high. Smashing!
    Before I had the P0403 code and would only go into limp mode on occasions.
    So it would seem to have an issue with the actuator wiring/position? From what I've read online, there should be no need to code the new EGR in? I have reset the ECU, but no difference. The thing is as soon as I turn the ignition on the coil light is flashing. Also, the error code can't be erased. Totally perplexed!
    Has anyone else had this issue when fitting a new EGR ? Really don't want to have to strip it out again
    Cheers

0 0 0

2. Re: New EGR puzzle.Anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Yes I have been there before, you have fitted a faulty cooler, 10 years old is not old, mine is twice the age and it gets everything.

0 0 0

3. Re: New EGR puzzle.Anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is there a way of testing the unit without removing?. I plugged the actuator from the old one back in and got the same ****. Going to crawl back under with the MM and test the voltages at the pins

0 0 0

4. Re: New EGR puzzle.Anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    When we had this on an aftermarket unit from ECP, we plugged a genuine one it to check.

0 0 0

5. Re: New EGR puzzle.Anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wish I had the luxury of that!
    I'm getting 12v and 5v at both signal wires? This is unplugged from the EGR. My understanding is that I should be getting between 0.7 and 4V on pin 5 and 5V on pin 1. Soooooo, am I right in thinking that when I plug this back into a functioning EGR the values at pin 5 will become within range(depending on it's current position)? If the new one is gubbed i.e. stuck open, that would explain the 'high voltage' referred in the error code? Bear with me, every day's a schoolday for me

0 0 0

6. Re: New EGR puzzle.Anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The only reason we had it was we ordered it in to replace the ECP part which incidentally was a replacement for a replacement, we didn't even get the car off the lift before it failed, at least the first one lasted a month!

0 0 0