1. Mk6 Cabrio - Aerial Amplifier Locations & DAB 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    In the hatch the aerial amplifiers are in the top of the tailgate, where are they in a cabrio (along the top of the windscreen??) as one has failed (reported in error codes) on Mrs ½cwt's car.

Also planning to pull out the RNS315 system to see if it is DAB prepared (I have VCDS to programme it if it is) with the correct aerial connector, any recommendation on where to mount a DAB antenna, other than a film one on the windscreen?
    There are 3 kinds of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.

0 0 0

2. Re: Mk6 Cabrio - Aerial Amplifier Locations & DAB 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    No it does not have a DAB aerial which would be in the right A pillar but it does have phone prep.

0 0 0

3. Re: Mk6 Cabrio - Aerial Amplifier Locations & DAB 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks. Phone system is all OK. The analogue radio is also showing a failed amplifier on VCDS. Per PM to you looking for the location to change it. Is the RNS315 system likely to be capable of DAB? I appreciate that it would need activating and an aerial.
    There are 3 kinds of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.

0 0 0

4. Re: Mk6 Cabrio - Aerial Amplifier Locations & DAB 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    ETKA identifies 'FM2/TV2' right 5K7 035 552 N and 5K7 035 552 H 'FM2' right but the former is for Japan and 5K7 035 552 G 'AM/FM' left, I don't think the RNS315 of that vintage has DAB capability, you can tell when you take it out if it has the Fakra Z blue plug.

0 1 0

5. Re: Mk6 Cabrio - Aerial Amplifier Locations & DAB 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If it is a dab radio, it will have a blue dab connector on the back of it.
    I don’t know where the aerials are on a cab, after having one for 7 years I never did find out. When I put in a Pure dab adapter, I ended up with a magnetic aerial and put it near the boot. I tried a stick on windscreen one, and it was useless, I think because of the coating on the screen/or existing aerial is built into the screen. The magnetic one worked reasonably well, but I do live in a weak dab area.
    I now have another cab with dab as standard, but the signal is weak here and I may upgrade to another boot mount magnetic aerial to see if it improves.

0 0 0

6. Re: Mk6 Cabrio - Aerial Amplifier Locations & DAB 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Aerials are in the A pillars and are opposite left and right to when they are in the tail gate on hatch/estate versions. I have tried replacement amplifiers for both positions with no success (anyone need an N or an H aerial amp?). Mrs ½cwt is streaming from here mobile these days so it is less of an issue, however I can see a replacement Kenwood somewhere in the future.

0 0 0