Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

Audi A6 C6 2010 Avant

My cooling fan running is all the time. I was told by a local Mechanic that the most common cause for this is a blocked DPF.
    I was getting a diagnostics run on the car for a different issue but no warning for the DPF showed up and there is no DPF warning on the dash.
    I may need to get this rechecked as the guy was not looking for the Cooling fan issue as I forgot to tell him.
    My very limited knowledge of the errors codes is that they all errors show up during diagnostics so I would have to assume that he would have told me about the DPF issue if it was there.

Seen some forums where a faulty air-conditioning pressure sensor was one cause but the AC seems to be working fine.
    I never use the AC by the way.

I have seen some images of a waterlogged relay bank so where do I source the relay for the Cooling fan on this model.

Thanks in advance.

0 0 0

2. Re: Cooling Fan running all the time 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Does it only run with the ignition on, engine running, a long time after shut down or until the battery is flat? Which engine type code?

0 0 0

3. Re: Cooling Fan running all the time 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Does it only run with the ignition on, engine running, a long time after shut down or until the battery is flat? Which engine type code?
    It only runs when ignition is on.
    The battery has not gone flat yet.
    The engine code is CAHA

0 0 0

4. Re: Cooling Fan running all the time 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    How long does it take to fire up if you only turn the ignition on and do not start the engine? Is it dual or single fan?

0 0 0

5. Re: Cooling Fan running all the time 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    How long does it take to fire up if you only turn the ignition on and do not start the engine? Is it dual or single fan?

it is a single fan.
    I turned on the ignition there now and the fan did not come on, but the car was cold.
    From memory, when the engine is hot, the fan comes on as soon as I turn on the ignition.

0 0 0

6. Re: Cooling Fan running all the time 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The fan is commanded by the engine ECU on the red/white wire from the ECU to the fan unit and this passes through a black four terminal plug at position 2 in the plenum chamber box and it knows the ignition is on as it receives a line 15 signal from fuse 9 also in the plenum chamber box. If the controller does not see the command signal but sees the ignition is on it will run up to max very quickly. I would check the fuse and the terminal for corrosion but I suspect you need a new cooling fan.

0 0 0

7. Re: Cooling Fan running all the time 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi
    thanks for all the great info. will have a look.

0 0 0