Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Pic Attached - why does ElsaWin not show Throttle body as wires?

1. Pic Attached - why does ElsaWin not show Throttle body as wires? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    First of all, is the throttle body and "Intake Manifold Flap Motor" the same thing?
    ElsaWin seems to refer to it as the "Intake Manifold Flap Motor"

When I try to find the throttle body in ElsaWin all I find is reference to an Intake manifold flap motor which I assume is the same thing but the one on the car has a 4 pin connector where as the Intake manifold flap motor ElsaWin refers to shows it as only being 2 wires? Or am I reading the diagram wrong, it seems to show a load of connectors on it on the diagram but only 2 wires?

I've highlighted it in red below, V157.
    Can anyone enlighten me, please?

0 0 0

2. Re: Pic Attached - why does ElsaWin not show Throttle body as wires? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Ok, blonde moment, ha. I see there is 4 wires in the diagram,, for some reason my eyes were telling me the 2 wires at the top were the same 2 wires going out the bottom, lol.

So, there is wires, which are a sfollows:
    Pin 4 = T60/25 on Ecu
    Pin 3 = T60/60 on Ecu
    Pin 2 = B360 Connection 11 (87a) in main wiring harness. Cold countries only.
    Pin 1 = Earth Point 2, engine prewiring harness

Can anyone tell me are any of these 4 wires common to or shared with the in tank fuel pump circuit?

There is a problem with the in tank fuel pump not getting 12v power when ignition on / cranking....
    Have a code for throttle actuator and fuel pump which I think might be related.
    Power isn't getting to the relay to power the pump, renewed 1 of the relays, no change, didn't realise there was 2 relays, will swap that over too.

0 0 0

3. Re: Pic Attached - why does ElsaWin not show Throttle body as wires? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)
    first & foremost for you to get the required information you need can you post up your reg no or engine code. ie The throttle control motor with position sensor has 6 terminals all ecu controlled

0 0 0

4. Re: Pic Attached - why does ElsaWin not show Throttle body as wires? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeybo View Post
    first & foremost for you to get the required information you need can you post up your reg no or engine code. ie The throttle control motor with position sensor has 6 terminals all ecu controlled
    What are you referring to, it's a 4 pin connector on the throttle body flap and the diagram above shows it as a 4 wire connector too. Where are you getting a 6 pin connector from?
    Btw, it's a BXE engine code, 1.9L.

Can anyone tell me is the above component referred to by VW as the "Intake Manifold Flap Motor"? And can this part be called both that and the throttle body or is there 2 different components on this BXE engine? Is the V157 component referred to in the above ElsaWin pic the part I pictured above?

0 0 0

5. Re: Pic Attached - why does ElsaWin not show Throttle body as wires? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    On the BXE it is before the EGR valve but on later CR TDI engines in the manifold itself which caught me out the first time

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: Pic Attached - why does ElsaWin not show Throttle body as wires? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)
    If your engine code had of been posted up the proper data would of been forth coming, The later models vws has a 6 terminal throttle body and yes imfp flap motor & throttle body are 2 different components. The in tank fuel pump on these has ecu pulsed earth (electronic)

0 0 0

7. Re: Pic Attached - why does ElsaWin not show Throttle body as wires? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    What annoyed me when I was caught out on this (2010 Golf 6 2L TDI, CBBA engine from memory), quite a few years ago now, was the external motor operating the flaps inside the manifold became the V157 instead of the throttle body like flap before the EGR valve. The interesting point on that particular version was the new manifold deleted the flaps and you got a harness blanking plug in the box.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: Pic Attached - why does ElsaWin not show Throttle body as wires? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    Oddly enough on a 2007 3C2 like mine, the V157 fault code relates to the intake swirl flaps and not the Anti Shudder Valve (misnamed as a 'throttle body' - it does not regulate air flow as such like a petrol version does). I had an intermittent issue a few years back with the vacuum actuated flaps inside the manifold sticking momentarily, which gave an intermittent "V157 Inlet Manifold Runner Control" fault. Nothing to do with the EGR/ASV units whatsoever but to do with the linkage between the vacuum actuator and swirl flap rail which was over extending, sticking and then snapping closed again which th ECU was not expecting. The fix? A piece of narrow ID, thick hose cut to size to fit over the stop peg, fault never came back.

0 0 0

9. Re: Pic Attached - why does ElsaWin not show Throttle body as wires? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DMitch16 View Post
    Oddly enough on a 2007 3C2 like mine, the V157 fault code relates to the intake swirl flaps and not the Anti Shudder Valve (misnamed as a 'throttle body'
    Yes, that is what I was referring to in post 7

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0