Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good day to all

I am new to this site and am still finding my way around it. I have searched google and couple of sites to a solution to my problem, but no luck.
    I started my car few days ago and noticed that something does not feel right and as it started getting to normal temperature the car lost more and more power, as if it is in limp mode. There is no fault on dash and nothing else indicating that something is wrong. I hooked it up to my VCDS and found one fault code which I can't find anywhere on the web.

8469 - Torque restriction due to coolant temperature P102A 00 [036]

The car does not overheat at all and the temperature stays at 90°C, but the car has no power. When it cools down it has bit more power, but not as it should and as soon as it starts warming up the power is gone again. Is there anybody out here that can shed some light on the subject for me please? I'm not willing to take my car the the dealer to keep replacing parts and keep paying tons of cash when they can't pin point what exactly is fault. The car is out of warranty and I know that parts on this car can get very expensive.

I didn't have any issue with temp gauge or any overheating. I checked all the temp sensors and all reading ok. Engine temp 19°C and radiator outlet temp 20°C when cold. Engine temp increase slowly with driving until around 75°C before radiator temp starts increasing to around 54°C, so the thermostat is also opening.

The car still has no power with no fault on dash and when it idles there is no fault showing on the VCDS, but as soon as I drive fault P102A torque limitation due to coolant temperature is back on the VCDS.

I have read somewhere about a valve going to the transmission cooler that also leaks and gives problems at the connector plug, can this cause this issue?

Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: 2014 Audi SQ5 TDi Torque reduction fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    I would have thought 75C was too low for the thermostat to start to open.
    Would have expected it to be around 90C.

As you say, the transmission cooler thermostat is usually the cause.
    When it opens early it short circuits the main cooling system & keeps the coolant at a lower than normal temperature.

Change the transmission coolant stat, it's much easier to get to usually than the main stat & also cheaper.

0 0 0