Hello;
My car is a 1.6TDI 2014 (64) plate with 82K on the clock. The engine is a CRKB Diesel The car does both longer and shorter journeys in the week and is on a 20K VW service by a VW garage. Recently the dreaded P2002 code popped up so I asked the VW dealer to investigate. The car has covered 3K since this started and suffers no loss of power, boost or performance to date I add. The car preforms fine, no drag, loss of power, limp mode or glow plug lights

In short, the VW Dealership garage post investigation informed me that there were no PDF, EGR problems but they did say that a technical instruction was applicable to the CRKB 1.6 engine for this type of fault. They changed a turbo pipe (I think a bigger recirculation pipe) but said if that did not resolve the issue the turbo would require replacement (this was late Oct 21). They cancelled the fault but the next morning, ping light on again, same P2002 code. I have a basic reader and over the last 6 weeks, at risk, cancelled the light which returns inconsistently. By that I mean, the EML often illuminates early part of journey, say 6 minutes, sometime not at all . If it does not illuminate it won't, even on longer 150 mile journeys with stops mid, middle and end. then possibly the next day after 5-6 mins driving Ping P2002.

I would be grateful for any advice on possible causes, has the garage nailed the problem, would the turbo contribute to the error code as it would be costly to replace if this was an inaccurate diagnosis or; should I buy my own diagnostic tool and start afresh. Does anyone have a diagnostic strategy that may help if I do the latter? Reading the forum suggests replacing the DPF sensor and adapting it as a first step as it appears a common source of error but then why did the garage not suggest that?

Any advice gratefully received