Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Guys,

Hope you lot can help. I've got a water leak from the NSF area, collecting in the passenger footwell. Main dealer's had it two weeks, seats out, carpets up, door card off, can't trace it. Windscreen replaced, all drains underneath scuttle panel checked, blower motor's been out, they say not coming from air inlet under scuttle. Arch liner's been out to check there.
    Paid them £360 so far, they can't find source of leak - now want £500 to take dash out! I said no and brought car home, assuming they're leading me to an up sell (part ex).

No sun roof, and water is clean, with no smell

Any advice welcome!

Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: CC R Line 2015 - water in passenger footwell 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    Assuming seat & carpets are still out, you will have to replicate what the dealer has done & hope something shows up.
    Play a hose around all areas from all directions including under the wheel arch.

Also may need to go out driving in the pouring rain to see if that produces a result.

0 0 0

3. Re: CC R Line 2015 - water in passenger footwell 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Philip. I'm on Wirral, not too far from you ...

You would've thought that basic trial and error methodology, possibly with coloured water, would've been explored by a main dealer, wouldn't you .. but no .. a garden hose approach is what they do, using visual evidence. I will buy a Car cover, as an interim measure, and trace the leak myself, if the independent garage can't find the problem on Tuesday, when it goes in for diagnostic.

As expected, the dealer has tried to engage me in part ex - offering 10k, for what's worth on the current market, to be a 14k Car. Plus - obviously, heavy margin and extras (Guard-X, etc) on the target Vehicle.

My main worry at the moment, is that the leak source is from a weld seem split, as noted by searching the forum .. However - the car is 2015, and only developed the leak in 2020 .. which does make me question that diagnostic, as weld seem splits, surely, have to be there from factory?

...the story continues ...

0 1 0

4. Re: CC R Line 2015 - water in passenger footwell 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just wanted to do the decent thing and reply to this thread with the outcome.
    Took it to local garage, they diagnosed with intelligence, and found the source of leak to be a split seam, in the NSF wing area, in wheel arch. Funnily enough, as others have documented on this forum.

VW main dealer couldn't supposedly find this, and funnily enough, wanted nigh on 600 squid to take the dash out, which wouldn't have located the leak anyway, I now know. Funnily enough, the dealer sent me a quote to part ex the car shortly after picking it up.

Hope this helps, folks

0 0 0

5. Re: CC R Line 2015 - water in passenger footwell 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So - after 3 days of non raining weather, the water is back - hmmmm. I checked it early week, it was fine, took it out on Thursday, with AC on, and now carpets are wet. Suspecting AC drain? Will take it back to Garage on Monday.

0 0 0