1. DTUK Tuning box 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    This is always a touchy subject for the remap loyal vs the tuning box brigade, but i have purchased a bluetooth DTUK CRD3+ box from ebay for the CR150 engine mainly due to the customisation it allows through the mobile app (and the price 2nd hand).

i'm hoping this will fix the mid to high end torque as it seems this car takes off very quickly but soon drops off.

Is anyone else running this or other boxes? what's your experience them?

0 0 0

2. Re: DTUK Tuning box 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)

0 0 0

3. Re: DTUK Tuning box 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Interesting, i should receive this box in a few days and will post my thoughts on it. As i watched this video i see there is a video from DTUK in reply to this which so of throws a bit of doubt on the validity of the Darkside video.

0 0 0

4. Re: DTUK Tuning box 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Any report ?

0 0 0

5. Re: DTUK Tuning box 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazwould View Post
    Any report ?
    Received yesterday, waiting for the weather to act its age and give me half an hour to install it, at the minute my bonnet would end up in the sea.

1 0 0

6. Re: DTUK Tuning box 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    So i Installed the box going by online instructions (easy work) the actual box is a heavy, sturdy well made item. I connected via Bluetooth and reset the changes the previous owner had made so all +- at 0. I set a warmup time in the app to protect the engine and took her a drive to work in efficiency mode.

Efficiency: not much difference in torque, very gradual pick up.
    Dynamic: Now tested on +1 and it really kicks... might be my preferred setting tbh a nice balance for my driving style.
    Sport: Very punchy through the rev range, i like it! the wheels like to spin in this mode and the power just keeps coming.

FYI I have always been capable of remapping my own cars in the past with files i developed myself or from tuning buddies across the world, the edc17 ECU in this model is a little harder to connect to with my now aged hardware so i took a chance with this tuning box. Knowing what needs to be edited to create a good remap i don't think that it gives the same benefits in terms of main ECU control and accurate sensor data via VCDS, but it also does not rob you of the original file in the ECU.

For the money i paid for it i think it was a good purchase having the Bluetooth connection for changing maps, i expect it may benefit from a software update by DTUK as it is detailed to be for a manual A3 CR150, mine is a DSG Golf CR150. I also drove in standard D setting, i have to say i never drive in S mode and the tuning box feels good enough without it. There is also always the option to test these settings with plus settings, which i may do in future.

I'd like to add that i feel giving a review on a 2nd hand item is not going to be accurate in many ways as i don't have the customer support of DTUK, the best review is to try these boxes for yourself.

All in I'm happy with what i have experienced so far and would recommend to those who prefer box over remap for whatever reasons.
    Last edited by JimA4B6; 09-12-2021 at 12:28 PM.

0 0 0

7. Re: DTUK Tuning box 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)

0 0 0

8. Re: DTUK Tuning box 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Yeah man i would likely agree with you on most things related to this but it is not as bad an item as some would make out, remaps are better but at the same time some remaps are absolute dung, its all down to the manufacturer/programmer.

0 0 0

9. Re: DTUK Tuning box 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Terrible outlandish gain claims by most tuning box companies.

0 0 0

10. Re: DTUK Tuning box 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I expect there is somewhat of a biased from those who test these modules, if i owned a dyno and was capable of making £200 on a remap rather than £30 on a dyno run it would make sense for me to influence people to go with a remap for my company to survive.

This box does work and do increase torque and horsepower there is no doubt, i would like to log my car but as it gets in between the sensors i can't accurately do that without a dyno.

0 0 0