Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Hi

As I posted back in August, my March 2018 E-Tron broke down in France. It was shipped back to our local Audi dealer on August 23rd.

I finally collected it today. What a palaver, it has been.

Initially, they thought it was just a seized turbo on the 3 litre diesel engine, that had only done 13k miles. (another 13k in EV mode) Then they did a compression check. Two cylinders were down, so they took out the engine and stripped it down. Apparently a piston had seized, melted and taken out the turbo.

Audi insisted on a full investigation, before they would authorise the repairs. The oil was tested, injectors sent away and everything photographed. Finally they gave authorisation for an extended warranty claim to be made. Then, they had to get the parts. Finally, they would not let me have the car back until the claim had been agreed.

So I now have a new engine, turbo and injector block. Apparently, with full price labour and VAT, they would have charged me £25k. I understand the charge to the warranty company was about £18k. I had to pay a £100 excess on the extended warranty, which cost me £476. Not a bad deal!!

Audi roadside assistance kept me mobile in France and back home to UK. The dealer then gave me a brand new A6 S line Avant at the beginning of September, with only 16 miles on the clock. Nice car, but I am really pleased to have my Q7 back.

I missed the air suspension, adaptive cruise control, HUD and Bose sound system. (I did not miss Park Assist)

Garage said this was the most expensive extended warranty repair they had done!

Fingers crossed that I shall get at least another 26k miles out of it, before something else goes wrong.

Cheers

2 0 0

2. Re: New engine under Audi Extended Warranty 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Interesting, good that audi honoured the warranty - if it was aftermarket there would have been a max claim value and not covered this. Did anyone ever get to the bottom of why the piston had seized?

0 1 0

3. Re: New engine under Audi Extended Warranty 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by papadelta View Post
    Hi

As I posted back in August, my March 2018 E-Tron broke down in France. It was shipped back to our local Audi dealer on August 23rd.

I finally collected it today. What a palaver, it has been.

Initially, they thought it was just a seized turbo on the 3 litre diesel engine, that had only done 13k miles. (another 13k in EV mode) Then they did a compression check. Two cylinders were down, so they took out the engine and stripped it down. Apparently a piston had seized, melted and taken out the turbo.

Audi insisted on a full investigation, before they would authorise the repairs. The oil was tested, injectors sent away and everything photographed. Finally they gave authorisation for an extended warranty claim to be made. Then, they had to get the parts. Finally, they would not let me have the car back until the claim had been agreed.

So I now have a new engine, turbo and injector block. Apparently, with full price labour and VAT, they would have charged me £25k. I understand the charge to the warranty company was about £18k. I had to pay a £100 excess on the extended warranty, which cost me £476. Not a bad deal!!

Audi roadside assistance kept me mobile in France and back home to UK. The dealer then gave me a brand new A6 S line Avant at the beginning of September, with only 16 miles on the clock. Nice car, but I am really pleased to have my Q7 back.

I missed the air suspension, adaptive cruise control, HUD and Bose sound system. (I did not miss Park Assist)

Garage said this was the most expensive extended warranty repair they had done!

Fingers crossed that I shall get at least another 26k miles out of it, before something else goes wrong.

Cheers
    Seems like a pallava indeed, ... And I thought Apple Inc. were bad

Thanks for sharing your experience, it does seem as though they covering new ground with repair and that they've possibly never had repair like this..

Any insight into it the delay was coming from the UK dealer (if so what Audi Group ) in part or Audi Germany generally?

It's definitely a relief you got it sorted and extended warranty came handy 4th year into the car considering only 13K too..

It's the only reason i keep praying and paying for the extended warranty past the 5th year now ... 2016 MY17 order... As have sunk circa £64K into it

Knowing my luck engine might strike! once I stop paying ai ..

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: New engine under Audi Extended Warranty 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Congrats on getting the car back! all seems to work out fine in the end and definitely a great purchase on the warranty this time.
    Q7 272PS S-Line | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Tour Pack Adv | Leather Pack | Park Assist Pack | Comfort & Sound Pack | All-Wheel Steering | Matrix | Pan Roof | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | Full Valcona | Heated Rear Seats | Night Vision | BOSE | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Heated Windscreen | Heated Steering Wheel | Adv Key | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Lighting | Heated Mirrors | 360 Cameras | Rear Airbags | Glacier White | Gloss Black Alloys | Carbon Door Mirrors | Black Roof Rails | Rear Sunblinds | Audi LED Entry Lights | De-badged

0 0 0

5. Re: New engine under Audi Extended Warranty 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Ckq7 - Hi

Actually, if you look at the Exclusions in the Audi Extended Warranty Book, repairs are limited to the "market value" of the vehicle. 41 month old Q7 E-tron £36k?? 5 year old ???

No Audi have no idea what caused the failure. However, just as we came off the M20 to enter the Channel Tunnel site, "low oil pressure" flashed up momentarily on the dash. I checked the oil level was ok when we parked up. Driving around the site and on/off the train, I used EV mode. Failure occured as I speeded up on the motorway, leaving the French terminal.

Would the engine management system have logged this fault? No-one has mentioned it. Oil was changed by the dealer back in February, about 2k miles previously.

satyp - Hi

I understand the delay was from Audi UK. The dealer would not complete the warranty claim until they had been given the go ahead. Apparently, if not correctly prepared it can be rejected.

I was told that if it had been a new vehicle warranty, there would have been no delay.

Car is running perfectly, but I am missing the towing hook, which was fixed to the rear, when the vehicle arrived back at the dealer. Small price to pay!!

Cheers

1 1 0