Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The only stupid person is the one at the dealer who told you a blocked DPF was the result of a not reported faulty EGR valve. Sometimes aftermarket components are not a bad idea, you just have to be selective, this comes from experience and having trade data systems. The way we deal with this code is to remove the DPF and send it away for professional cleaning; once refitted we fit a new GENUINE pressure sensor, calibrate it and then carry out a forged regeneration. So far this process has never let me down and interestingly we have not seen a re-blocking of one we have had cleaned and we still service a lot of the cars we have done this to.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 3 0

2. Re: Coolant internal leak (to the exhaust) on 2.0 tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Crasher.
    Didn't know Audi dealer can be so wrong i just thought everyone is doing their job well, haven't passed through such experience in the past... The audi dealer was the 3rd service i went, because everywhere i was getting just random assumptions, no 1 was like "we have to do that when you are ready", thats why i went to audi(vw).

Now i don't know... since i've changed the aftermarket egr cooler and it's leaking, and today my car started hard smoking with bad smelling (like the EGR valve is constantly closed) and it's losing coolant even faster than ever, i think i have to change the OE egr cooler + valve now and be more carefully in the future... Because before changing egr cooler my car was running well, not losing coolant and not smoking.
    If the error will continue after OE cooler + valve replacement, i'll try to do what you said.
    But anyway, for the people who will have similar problems in future, this thread will be extremely helpful.

0 0 0

3. Re: Coolant internal leak (to the exhaust) on 2.0 tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The bad smell and smoke are from the DPF which is about to collapse.
    Last edited by Crasher; 30-11-2021 at 04:36 PM.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: Coolant internal leak (to the exhaust) on 2.0 tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How can it be possible if:
    1. Regenerations are going normal (every 350 miles) and when soot is about 20-25g... and Oil Ash is only 0.09L
    2. Car has only 80k miles
    I'm just interested if that is possible.
    Because all problems with bad smell started 15k miles ago when i got replaced the Timing belt and water pump...

0 0 0

5. Re: Coolant internal leak (to the exhaust) on 2.0 tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    You have the P2002 code, the readings are guesses made by the ECU

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: Coolant internal leak (to the exhaust) on 2.0 tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    You have the P2002 code, the readings are guesses made by the ECU
    Allthough I am in no position to comment on Crashers years of experience and knowledge regarding problems with Diesel cars I have come to the conclusion that mileage has little or no bearing on the life of exhaust parts… The engine seems to last for ever, the exhaust and emissions system is like something that needs constant looking after and generally will have a life significantly shorter than the engine life. Compounded by the fact that DPF’s and associated components are treated as ‘service’ parts by the manufacture and have an end life which was never really communicated to us consumers.

Diesel cars were sold in the UK as low emission and high MPG to which most company car drivers focused their choice on as this delivered the lowest BIK and hence tax out of wages. Up until recently most second hand cars in the UK came from the lease market and hence the company car market. For us as company car owners there tended to be little issue, we kept the car for 3 years and warranty covered the problems. It is only after these three years and the end of the warranty that the subsequent owners pick up the tab.

For those owners that purchase from new, I believe that those that have high ‘mileage’ have the lowest running costs based on a cost per mile driven.

Low mileage almost seems to be the diesels Achilles heal. It’s not even low mileage pursay but the number of journeys driven at low mileage. A car with 12000 miles over three years driven for 4 1000 mile journeys a year each year probably fairs better than a car that has lots of 20 mile journeys over its life.

As Crasher has stated DPR cleaning is required and is almost becoming a requirement of age. Typical cost £1000.00, 50000 miles = 2 per mile, 100000 miles 1 per per mile. Add in the EGR value, cooler and associated parts and costs soon mount up..

Is it cheaper to get a petrol car, personal choice dictates that but it’s something I am seriously considering next time around.

The only problem is that for both diesel and petrol cars one will always struggle to achieve the recommended MPG and hence its very difficult to estimate any kind of lifetime cost!

0 1 0

7. Re: Coolant internal leak (to the exhaust) on 2.0 tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    As I do such a low annual mileage, thankfully running costs (particularly fuel) is not something I consider, I would not like to be in the position of having to do 10K+ a year especially with a company car as I hate small Diesel engines, they are a crime against humanity.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

8. Re: Coolant internal leak (to the exhaust) on 2.0 tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hello all.
    Changed the EGR cooler with Original one + EGR valve.
    Now the coolant is not leaking (or it hasn't for first 2 days, what will be next i don't know), and no smoke from the exhaust for the first 2 days (again, i don't know what will be next, but it's been 2 days since changed).
    The old EGR valve was total trash, full of soot and blocked. Aftermarket EGR cooler (which was new and changed recently) was also broken.
    P.S. please, do not use aftermarket parts for this cars, it's a big chance to pay twice, like me

0 2 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12