Hello, please forgive me if this thread is in the incorrect forum. I'm very new to this!
I have had an S4 B7 cabriolet for a few months now and have been completing one job at a time. this weekend I decided to remove the drivers seat as only forward/backward, up and down were working. (the front switch) lumber/backrest/ heated seat were not working. The lumber switch on one setting did not click. and assumed that i will remove and source a new one. unfortunately I found from the lumber switch right across the loom, wires had melted!!, to a point where some colours could not be identified, and two cables were actually broken. Nearer the connector at the other end of the loom I also found where the cable had been compressed by seat movement and damaged. so have found two possible culprits to the melting loom.
My main question would be repair or replace? is an aftermarket loom available? or should I renew with new cables and id the damaged ones? After looking through ebay, it doesn't look if I'm going to be lucky enough to find a whole good loom. any pointers would be very welcome, and thanks for reading.

I have found the AUDI A4 B6 B7 A6 C6 Q7 4L FRONT SEAT LUMBAR ADJUSTMENT SWITCH BUTTON 8E0959777 on ebay.

IMG_2561.jpgIMG_2558.jpgIMG_2567.jpgIMG_2568.jpgIMG_2566.jpg