1. Not good vibrations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all, I posted a month ago about fitting a new clutch, but that had to be binned off for a bit due to more pressing matters.

While investigating my all over vibration whilst accelerating which I had down as oil on the clutch as my rear oil seal is leaking I found that one of my driveshafts were shot and an engine mount leaking.
    Great it's not the clutch it something easier. Ha!

So I got 2 new driveshafts, 2 engine mounts and 2 gearbox mounts all from ******* and all made by Ridex. I installed them yesterday with not much problem, ran the engine to settle them before tightening everything back up, great I thought this is gonna be like a new car.

No, not great, I now have a much worse vibration than before at tickover throughout the whole car it never vibrated before on tickover just when driving, and it only slightly gets better if I rev or drive it but its still there. The vibration under load has gone from the driveshaft so that's something I suppose.

I've messed with the snub mount,(it's a v6 one fitted 3 years ago) had it cental not touching anything and pressed it up and down makes no difference at all.

Timing, injectors all good.
    It can only be the mounts as nothing else has changed

Is there something I'm missing here im at a loss, any help appreciated.
    Cheers

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Not good vibrations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Year and engine? The engine and gearbox mounts you bought from a VW main DEALER are made by Ridex?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Not good vibrations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    2000 atj
    It's been blanked out but should say auto doc so not main dealer

0 0 0

4. Re: Not good vibrations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So I've reset all the mounts again just to make sure.

The vibration goes away all the time it's on jack stands, as soon as its lowered back down the vibration comes back but more from the steering wheel now.

It is worse at idle but is there throughout the rev range

All of the suspension components have been replaced this year.

I've been underneath with it running and the only thing vibrating is the exhaust and that's not touching anything.

Anyone got any ideas of what is happening, it is driving me mad.

0 0 0

5. Re: Not good vibrations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Possibly the DMF.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: Not good vibrations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Possibly the DMF.
    If I press the clutch down there is a tiny bit of difference in vibration but hardly noticeable would this point to a dmf? It was last replaced 75000 miles ago.

Also do you think the mounts should of been done with the suspension fully loaded and not on jack stands? Only asking as I had no vibration on the stands.

0 0 0

7. Re: Not good vibrations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So I'm going to order some new mounts as I'm sure the quality or fit of the ones I've got are the cause of my problems but I don't know which part numbers I need.

Can someone please explain which ones I would get from the online diagram as there is a choice of 2 for 1 side and 3 for the other. eBay, ******* etc say some fit, all fit or don't fit.

05/2000 B5 fwd 1.9tdi ATJ

Thanks

0 0 0

8. Re: Not good vibrations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    The attached link has an extra column which suggests that the ones with suffix AE are the correct ones for an ATJ engine.

securing parts for engine Passat/4Motion/Santana (PA) 2000 year Volkswagen EUROPA 199020

0 0 0

9. Re: Not good vibrations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ianhayter View Post
    The attached link has an extra column which suggests that the ones with suffix AE are the correct ones for an ATJ engine.

securing parts for engine Passat/4Motion/Santana (PA) 2000 year Volkswagen EUROPA 199020
    That is perfect thank you very much

0 0 0

10. Re: Not good vibrations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Update.

Got 2 second hand mounts and brackets with the correct part numbers swapped them over and the vibration is less, not a great deal but much better especially when the car is warmed up. Hooray!

The new mounts I installed were not the make I ordered, they were sent as a replacement which I never checked as the boxes were the same, and made by a company called Stark (no not the Ironman one unfortunately) and they were very stiff and didn't fit properly but couldn't tell as I never took the brackets right off.
    Here's a picture of the mounts and you can see where they didnt sit flush or line up properly. Lesson learned.

So now it's gonna be clutch, dmf and oil seal in the next month as I think that's where the rest of the vibration is coming from.

0 0 0