Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Are the issues sorted ? Should I order new Golf 8 ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Are the issues sorted ? Should I order new Golf 8 ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've just about ordered a new MK8 Golf R Line - 1.5 eTSI 150 DSG on a lease.

I know I shouldn't have but whilst looking at reviews I clicked on a few links about how many issues there have been and still are with this car, hence me joining the site.

Now I know those that have an axe to grind always shout the loudest on the internet but I'm quite concerned about just how troublesome the MK8 is ?

I'll be leaving an 2019 A250 which funnily enough also supposedly had its fair share of issues when it came out but I haven’t experienced any !

So any MK8 owners care to comment ? Is it just the usual internet hype or have VW really dropped the ball with the MK8 and should I cance my lease ?

thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: Are the issues sorted ? Should I order new Golf 8 ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No one ?

0 0 0

3. Re: Are the issues sorted ? Should I order new Golf 8 ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    In short I think the software fixes are still work in progress for VW (the whole group and not just the VW brand). Some people are experiencing more issues than others and it si no doubt in part down to what options are speceed. Car with side assist seem to be more troublesoe than those without. The unexplained warnings to drive in the centre of the lane are in the main just an irritation, things like losing connection with the server are more of a problem as it means you lose most of the connected functions like realtime traffic data and the ability to locate the car using the app. On the Golf VW does not do OTA updates to the car, other than for navigation data and minor changes to the infotainment system. Anything that the functionality of the car, or have an impact on safety requires a visit to the dealer and some dealers are good and understanding and addressing software issues, others are not. We have had a Golf 8 since June last year (one of the first built) and all in all it is a great car, I also have an Audi A6 (C8) which has much of the same software and thus many of the same issues. The software issues are not serious enough for me to want to change the car and from what I have read VW is not alone in struggling to deliver 100% reliable software for its cars

1 0 0

4. Re: Are the issues sorted ? Should I order new Golf 8 ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    We’ve had the Style version of the eTSI 150 DSG since August 2020, and I think it’s a great car.

it’s not been without its issues. There was the travel assist/emergency assist not available problem, which led to frequent warnings, but that was sorted last January when the dealer replaced the steering wheel and updated the software. We’ve also had the car losing connection to VW servers, as John has described, and in our case that was also cured by a software update when it was in for its annual service.

So now we have a car that is problem free. And I hope these issues will have been solved for cars currently being built.

On the plus side, we find it very nippy, extremely economical (long term average 47 mpg), quiet, comfortable and with a high standard interior (ambient lighting, quality seat covering etc).

It’s a definite step up from our previous Mk7.5.
    Golf Mk 1.5 eTSI 150PS DSG Style
    Reflex Silver / Storm Grey, Winter Pack, Reversing Camera, Headup Display

1 1 0

5. Re: Are the issues sorted ? Should I order new Golf 8 ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for replying - very helpful

0 0 0

6. Re: Are the issues sorted ? Should I order new Golf 8 ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)

0 0 0

7. Re: Are the issues sorted ? Should I order new Golf 8 ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for that Gazwould

As I’m not coming from a 7.5 I’m not sure how much of that would bother me ? Although I will notice the difference in quality compared to my current A250.

The gas struts and uncovered key hole is a minor annoyance but how often do I open the bonnet ? More likely to annoy a VW technician than me.

The lack of buttons is an Issue but I tend to set things when I get in the car and don’t often fiddle with things.

On the plus side I think the dash of the mk8 looks fantastic and makes the 7.5 look old fashioned - however, they just went a bit too far !

0 0 0

8. Re: Are the issues sorted ? Should I order new Golf 8 ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I’ve had a 1.5 DSG Style for a year now. Mechanically, it’s a lovely car, very smooth, quiet, pretty economical… a big step up from the 7.5 we had previously. I like the styling. They’ve gone way too far with removing all the physical buttons in the cabin through, and the electronics, infotainment, software is unreliable garbage. I HATE it for that with a passion. In my eyes they’ve very much dropped the ball and I won’t be a returning customer next time round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

9. Re: Are the issues sorted ? Should I order new Golf 8 ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks - that’s helpful…

0 0 0

10. Re: Are the issues sorted ? Should I order new Golf 8 ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Hey, all my issues seem to have been resolved since the last time i took it in the garage. Not sure if it was the software update or them replacing the steering wheel but ive not been back for about 5 months which is big as in the first year id be at the garage about once ever 2 months for small things.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast