1. Turbo Actuator 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Ok so some of you may know i had been having the P3348 turbo actuator fault - I followed the other long thread and used the D40 trick on the gears. As a DIYer you gotta try these things, only me to blame, but I am also with crasher - if you are paying someone its better to sort it right then there is no messing. This worked - for a week or 2 then it was back to square 1. I kept it up to get me through caravan season but at the end the actuator only lasted for the first mile of the day....
    I found a place on line that rebuilds then with a warranty and no need for reprogramming ( most of the time / depending on the fault of course) on its return.
    so i ripped it off late one night in the rain, and it was only when i had it on the bench i noticed the elongated holes.
    I am guessing on its return( if the software didn't need flashed) that i will have to calibrate the actuator using the output tests to the 20 and 80%.
    Does this sound right does anyone know?
    Stewart
    2012 Q5 2.0D quattro S line Plus
    1986 coupe quattro (kv)
    1972 mini 1400 100BHP A series
    2016 F-Pace Portfolio X761 2.0D 180HP

0 0 0

2. Re: Turbo Actuator 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Ok so the refurbish place got in touch to say that my unity is FUBAR - my words lol, and they could bin it or send it back for £20. I opted for send it back as binning it just didn't feel right.
    Which was lucky as i ordered a new one and rang a place to program it for me and they said they need to suck the info out of the old unit.
    so could be this time next week i am still driving a slug - only rush hour school run so its pace fits in.
    Stewart
    1986 coupe quattro (kv)

0 0 0

3. Re: Turbo Actuator 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    I got the old device back and with nothing to loose and with it on the bench now i went for a deeper look.
    The electronics are potted so they are no go, other than that its a couple of plastic cogs and a motor. I am a bit baffled as to what the near £300 refurbish was going to give me. They didn't charge me anything ( but the shipping back) as they said it was not fixable.
    I pulled the motor and gogs with it - the small hidden teeth do show signs of wear and i think i messed up the connections to the motor having it apart so much - which i was able to straighten out with it stripped more, and i turned the worn gog 180 degrees.
    I think she is good to go? there is nothing else in there...
    However I have a new one now so i don't think i will put this one back on, but I am tempted to see..
    Maybe if the garage cant get me in for a week or so to program the new one i might..

Edit:- the garage wants the old one back on so i will see what happens..
    Stewart
    1986 coupe quattro (kv)

0 0 0