Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Morning all,
    After having changed my steering angle sensor and associated control module I am now trying to perform an ESP system function test. My question is regarding the actual procedure...from what I can gather once the brake pedal is pressed and the relevant brake pressure is achieved the esp light will start to flash and then I have 50 seconds in which to complete the test. What I would like to know is if the ABS light should be on at all any time during this test.
    From what I can make out on the Ross Tech page is that depending on which system you have once the brake pedal is pressed either the esp light should come on and the abs light will switch off or the abs light will will switch on and the esp light will switch off.
    In my case the ABS light is always on when i start the car and when i press the brake pedal the esp light starts to flash and I dont seem to be able to finish the test in that the esp light eventually goe off but the ABS is still on.
    Greater clarification on how to perform this test would be greatly appreciated.The only fault code stored on the system is 01486.Many thanks in advance for your input.

0 0 0

2. Re: ESP System function test Audi A3 1.6 2006 correct procedure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    After initiating that test once and then having a hard time getting it to clear, I won’t do it anymore.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: ESP System function test Audi A3 1.6 2006 correct procedure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Once again thank you Crasher. Can I ask if you managed to complete the test? From watching videos over the weekend I am hoping my problem was that I wasnt driving at the correct speed to perform this test.I may have been driving too slow but will give it another attempt today.

0 0 0

4. Re: ESP System function test Audi A3 1.6 2006 correct procedure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    I must have but it was a while ago so I can't remember what I had to do.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0