A Kenwood Garmin navigation system GVN60 was fitted to my Polo when bought new from my dealership in 2016. I need to update the firmware and maps. After speaking to the service and parts departments at my dealership I followed the instructions on the Garmin site, downloading the firmware onto an SD card. It said it would update automatically once inserted into the SD card slot. As per some very old threads on a Volkswagen forum, it doesn’t! Nothing happens. I’ve contacted the dealership again who tell me the units are simply plug and play with no additional wiring etc. I said I’d try again but the view was that if this didn’t work then it would be a Garmin issue, not theirs…”they’re just plug and play”.
I have raised a(nother) query ticket with Garmin but I’m expecting to be referred back to the dealership. What do I do? Who’s right here? I paid £599 for this sat Nav - “unique to VW” according to the card that came with all my purchase info, and in addition to it struggling to find satellites, the maps are seriously out of date.HELP!