Hi

Was looking for advice on fitting a Virtual Cockpit to my s3. Have done a lot of reading around here and other forums and seem to have come up with a list of parts needed and have Audi in cairns saying that if I install the parts and they pass the ODIS check for not been stolen they can remove the protection.

I have a wreaking yard who is willing to sell me a VC for $650. I can get the connection harness from AliExpress and fitting parts for $350-ish … Audi will charge $190 for removing the protection and mating to my s3 and when I find a steering wheel for a vc will be able to navigate the dashboard and change appearance etc. I know from reading elsewhere that without upgrading the mmi I will only have maps on half the cockpit(this is fine for me personally)

Am I on the right track here or would I need anything else? Or has someone here ever done this upgrade

Well the above information was posted in an Australian forum and as of Feb this year Audi now require an extra step with any immobiliser units to have paperwork approved and now Audi are not allowing this VC upgrade in anything before 2017.. I’m hoping someone has a way around this as I have purchased the following and have them ready

Audi vc
Facia
Adapter harness
Hacked MIB2
USB center console wiring

Cheers for reading

Adam, Cairns, Australia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk