1. A3 Sport 2.0TDI BKD loss of power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My wife's 2005 A3 sport, with a 2.0 BKD engine suffered a loss of power the other day when she was on the M40. From her description it sounded as if it was in limp home, but there was no engine management light on the dash. She called the breakdown guy who plugged in some diagnosis tool and said it was an injector fault, and brought the car back on a flatbed.

I've taken it for a few relatively short runs and all seems fine, when I gave it some beans it through out a load of smoke initially and then all was well. I'm happy to believe it needs 1 or more injectors replaced, at 16 years old and 130k, but I'd like to have a look as to which one(s) and how many I might need. I have VCDS, but have only used it for basic tasks. Can anyone point me at a guide, or tell me what to look for please?

It has been a bit reluctant to start for a while now, first turn of the key, but a number of turns of the starter, worse when warm, so possibly also a suggestion of failing injector(s)?

Thanks to anyone reading this post, I appreciate your time

0 0 0

2. Re: A3 Sport 2.0TDI BKD loss of power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Without the ECU’s suggestion of which injector is at fault, diagnosing which injector is potentially at fault is very difficult, you do this in measuring blocks by looking at the correction values which VAG say should not exceed +/-2.8 but that’s rubbish, anything in excess of +/-1.0 is too high. Unfortunately you will see two or four being excessive as the ECU tries to trim the faulty one and they are laid on in cylinder number not firing order 1342 so judging one at fault is hit and miss. Genuine exchange recon injectors (I get the number as 03G 130 073 GX) are utterly stupid money at £715.1e retail each (yes, each) and the only aftermarket recon we will use is the Bosch 0986 441 566. R ember if you buy a recon, these carry a surcharge that is refundable on return so if that is £105 per injector from a certain Auto car parts company in Germany, you have to take into account being about of pocket for weeks waiting for a refund.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. A3 2.0TDI Power Loss
    By winiman in forum Audi A3 - 8P - 2004 - 2012
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-03-2020, 04:26 PM
  2. 4.0tdi power loss misfire
    By deutsch in forum A8 - S8 - V8
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 24-08-2013, 05:15 PM
  3. Passat 2.0Tdi Sport B6 Turbo Power Loss? Judder cold start?
    By woody80uk in forum Passat - B6 Forum - 2005 - 2010
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 15-02-2012, 08:23 PM
  4. Question A4 2.0tdi B7 Power Loss
    By clarkie in forum Audi A4 - B7 Forum - 2005 - 2008
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 20-04-2011, 05:13 PM
  5. A6 2.0TDI power loss
    By Murph100 in forum Audi A6 - C6 Forum - 2005 - 2010
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 09:07 AM