1. Re: ordering new golf 8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Hi guys, I am thinking of protection accessories to buy when my MK8 comes.

I can think of the following - can you suggest where and what to buy (3rd party e.g. amazon):

Bumper protector housesweet 4 Pack Car Bumper Protector Corner Rubber Rear Front Anti-Scratch for Auto Bumper Guard Strips Black : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive
    Door guard: Car Door Edge Guard Protector Strips U Shape Rubber Car Door Seal Trim for Car Mental Edges Boat, Grip Range 1.0mm to 2.5mm (5m) : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive
    Key cover:kwmobile Key Cover Compatible with VW Golf 8 - Black/Red: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
    Centre screen sat nav: CDEFG For V W Golf 8 2020 Car Navigation Tempered Glass Screen Protector 9H Scratch-Resistant Anti-Fingerprint 10 Inch GPS Transparent Screen Protector Accessories : Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
    Vinyl wrap: BangShou Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap Sheet 30 x 300CM, Self-adhesive Bubble-free Carbon Fibre Sticker Roll, Waterproof Vinyl Wrapping Tape for Car Interior, Vehicle&Laptop : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive
    Armrest cover: KiAKUO Central Armrest Cover Memory Foam Console Armrest Box Pad Cover Washable PU Leather Armrest Covers for Cars Ergonomic Design Armrest Box Cover with Cellphone Holder Bag for Most Vehicles, SUVs : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive
    Glovebox divider GAID Car Central Control Multifunctional Storage Box Tray Divider Organizer Box Fit For Golf 8 MK8 2020 2021 Accessories : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive

Anything else you can think of - how can I keep my interior in tip top condition as long as possible?

0 0 0

2. Re: ordering new golf 8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    To be honest I am not sure I am fan of any of those, However on my Audi A6 I did fit this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lackschutzs...3646032&sr=8-2. The first one I fitted got damaged when something fell against the bumper. When I took it off to replace it the paintwork underneath was perfect. Would highly recommend it and much cheaper than the £55 VW wants for essentially the same item

0 0 0

3. Re: ordering new golf 8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    collection/service plan questions. I believe that for a MK8 the fixed service plan will be around £295 for a minor and major service - may have gone up due to inflation. I am thinking my annual milage will be around 4-5k miles maybe in the first few years.
    1) we have a trusted independent dealer - is it worth going to them instead - what use is the 3 service stamps if I will be keeping this car for a long time??
    2) if consumables like tyres are needed, could I go elsewhere - or am i ripped off my VW mark up?
    3) is there any room for negotiation with the service plans. Shame VW doesn't do a 3-year one do they?

0 0 0

4. Re: ordering new golf 8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Golf8Lover View Post
    collection/service plan questions. I believe that for a MK8 the fixed service plan will be around £295 for a minor and major service - may have gone up due to inflation. I am thinking my annual milage will be around 4-5k miles maybe in the first few years.
    1) we have a trusted independent dealer - is it worth going to them instead - what use is the 3 service stamps if I will be keeping this car for a long time??
    2) if consumables like tyres are needed, could I go elsewhere - or am i ripped off my VW mark up?
    3) is there any room for negotiation with the service plans. Shame VW doesn't do a 3-year one do they?
    Whilst the car is under warranty (3 years) if you use an independenrt they will need to show on the invoice that they have used genuine VW parts for all servicing otherwise you may find that VW voide the warranty. Also these cars are likely to be subject to numerous software updates int he coming years as VW sorts out the issues, your independent will not have access to these updates and they will almost certianly not be avaiable as "over the air" updates. I would stick with dealer. It an also be helpful if you build the relationship with hte dealer in case you need to call on some goodwill in the event of a problem outside the warranty
    The Service plan only covers the defined service. Things like wiper plades, brake pads, and tyres are outside the plan and you do not need to go to the dealer for them. Thnat said on my Audi, the dealer was the cheapest for a replacement tyre when I needed one
    I think the Service Plan price is fixed but there are ometime offers. On my Audi I got 25% off the price of the plan before Christmas. VW used to do three years, but now only do 2 years. Once the car is over 3 years old, VW offer fixed price servcing which is quite competitive so this would apply for the third service, if you do it a few days past the 3rd birthday or have a dealer prepared to put it through as over 3 years when it is a few days short (had that before for me)

0 0 0

5. Re: ordering new golf 8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    DO NOT ORDER THIS RUBBISH CAR .

Golf 8 issues | Volkswagen Forum

0 0 0