1. Headlight and fog light failure at same time 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Actually, everything on the front passenger side is dead - no running lights, fogs, main, indicator or dipped lights. All gone.

I have D3S headlights (standard no upgrades etc), been working fine up until a few days ago - low beam stopped working, so bought new lamps - fitted today, still not working - re-assembled the front of my car for work tomorrow. Everything else was working at that point.

Just been out checking fuses etc, just incase, Also plugged in VCDS and tried running some tests on the headlights through the central unit - all hell broke loose, now I have no lights at all on the left front of my car, even the fog light has gone.
    No error showing indicator, but that has stopped also - the headlight is as dead as a dodo as well as the fog light.

Address 09: Cent. Elect. Labels: 4F0-910-279.lbl
    Part No SW: 4F0 910 279 N HW: 4F0 907 279
    Component: ILM Fahrer H22 0320
    Revision: 00000000 Serial number: 4F0907279
    Coding: 0013121

Subsystem 1 - Part No: 4F2 910 113 C Labels: 1KX-955-119.CLB
    Component: Wischer AudiC6 H11 0040
    Coding: 00056595
    Shop #: WSC 02335

Subsystem 2 - Part No: 8K0 910 557 Labels: 8K0-955-559.CLB
    Component: REGENLICHTSENSORH04 0003
    Coding: 00142637
    Shop #: WSC 02335

4 Faults Found:
    02745 - Bulb for Daytime Running Light; Left
    007 - Short to Ground
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 01100111
    Fault Priority: 2
    Fault Frequency: 1
    Reset counter: 80
    Mileage: 180388 km
    Time Indication: 0
    Date: 2021.10.07
    Time: 20:59:00

01496 - Bulb for Fog-Lamps; Left (L22)
    010 - Open or Short to Plus
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 01101010
    Time: 21:01:00

01495 - Bulb for High-Beams; Left (M30)
    Freeze Frame:
    Time: 21:03:00

00978 - Lamp for Low Beam; Left (M29)
    Freeze Frame:
    Time: 21:00:00

Most errors show as short to ground or short to plus, however only the low beam was not working earlier, now the whole lot on the passenger side has clapped out - I've had a quick check of fusing on the passenger side fuse box, and nothing I can see is gone in there, pulled the left headlight controller fuse out and that appears to be fine.

Anyone know why the entire left side of car would do that? Is it co-incidence it clapped out in a vcds test when it was just the low beam earlier, or does this point more to a bit of a wiring issue?
    Or is it a controller issue? central electronic controller clapped out?

Cheers

0 0 0

2. Re: Headlight and fog light failure at same time 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Right - just been having a gander, fuse 33 on drivers side fuse box is blown, swapped with another fuse and partly got lights back (borrowed fuse from other lighting control module) - dipped still buggered, but think the ballast is gone anyway and already have a replacement on order, or potentially some other wiring, as running the VCDS test surely shouldn't blow the fuse unless there's other things amiss in the background that the VCDS test overrides? - so potentially bad wiring in the headlight? but at least if I get another 25A fuse I'll get some of my lights back.
    Not sure why DRL's not working though? is it set to shut off both sides if one side goes? as neither side wants to play ball when the other isn't working?

0 0 0

3. Re: Headlight and fog light failure at same time 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Have you checked the earth?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: Headlight and fog light failure at same time 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Replaced the 25A fuse (no 33 on drivers side) and this got my DRL, fog and indicators back.
    Just spent a few hours changing more - new Xenons now in both headlights, plus s new ballast on passenger side and it works!

Passenger side is dim compared to drivers, but putting that down to aftermarket (cheap-ish) replacement ballast.
    If it bugs me I’ll get something from a known brand or OEM depending on cost!
    didn't want to spend a fortune on ballast when it might not have been it!
    Or is there an option to get the old one refurbished?

Cheers,

0 0 0