1. Re: Traffic Licence Expiry 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Is Audi Connect (weather.. fuel prices.. news service.. etc) and the Online Traffic service not two separate things?

I have always and still have the Audi connect service (also quite useful for the ‘online destination’ service where you use the talk button etc) … but do not have the online traffic service which in the past needed the licence renewed by Audi.

In saying all that.. I will now double check that there has not been a change of heart by Audi re the online traffic service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A6 Black Edition - 2014 - 2.0 TDI Manual
    Daytona Grey Pearl, Full LED Headlights, Technology Pack, Advanced Key
    4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

0 0 0

2. Re: Traffic Licence Expiry 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    You may not have noticed that the expiration date of Online Traffic has been November 2022 all along since your last renewal. When I requested a renewal of the Online Traffic licence in November last year they issued it for two years, i.e. from November 2020 to November 2022. I assumed that they knew that any further extensions would be payable, so they just gave me two years extension instead of one.

And I also assumed that Audi Connect and Online Traffic are different items, but I cannot check if that is the case, as my Online Traffic licence is still active.

0 0 0

3. Re: Traffic Licence Expiry 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Just checked mine and the licence is still expired… and the Audi connect service is working fine: So two different things.

Maybe as flagged your previous extension was out to Nov 2022.

4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

0 1 0

4. Re: Traffic Licence Expiry 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Thanks for the feedback. Today checked what the situation is. Traffic licence expires in November 2022, I Requested it be renewed in November 2020 so either it was done for 2 years or Audi just did another 12 months this November without me requesting it. It’s a 65 plate (2015) and after 3 years I had to request it being renewed after 3 years one year at a time up to 2020. So the question now is, are Audi just renewing every 12 months without prompting, or, and why, did they do it for 2 years rather than every 12 months. Could it be something to do with the TnCs when it was new that changed in say 2017/18/19 ???
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

5. Re: Traffic Licence Expiry 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    mine is similar to above, due to expire 18 Nov, and renewed by my request after it expired in 2020. 66 plate. Traffic and connect still working. Fingers crossed it continues.

0 0 0

6. Re: Traffic Licence Expiry 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Mike; you should be able to check your licence expiry date … using the MMI menus above ?

0 0 0

7. Re: Traffic Licence Expiry 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    rather not - it might remind itself to expire !

0 1 0

8. Re: Traffic Licence Expiry 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    doubt it. It will be what it will be.

0 0 0

9. Re: Traffic Licence Expiry 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I know that my licence was extended in November 2020 for two years, as I checked then after the renewal and I noticed the two years. I would therefore venture a guess that Audi did not renew it for a year in 2020 and then again unprompted in 2021, unless someone know otherwise.

0 0 0

10. Re: Traffic Licence Expiry 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Thanks Amigo, that may be the case as I di not bother to look at the expire date in 2020. The strange thing is why suddenly go from 12 months to 24 and not to advise that there had been a change to the length of the licence. It makes no sense if they knew that from 2021 owners would have to pay for it, it’s not like Audi to miss out on some extra income…
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast