1. Re: Traffic Licence Expiry 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    for my 2015 A6 Allroad with tech pack its £11.50 a month or £115 a year, they have called it Connect licence. On the MyAudi app click on Individual Upgrades, Functions on demand and its there, you don't have to set up as the owner.
    2015 A6 Allroad 3.0TDi 218 CRTE - NEW
    2012 A6 Avant 3.0TDi Multitronic - OLD

0 0 0

2. Re: Traffic Licence Expiry 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike41 View Post
    Maybe I'm being a bit **** about this but I'm 100% sure nobody told me I'd have to start paying after 3 years. Google maps still works, the lights and horn still work so why not the traffic and more to the point why didn't they make that clear?

So unless you all tell me I'm being a D*ck, I am planning on going down the small claims court. I'd be happy to update here if anyone cares. Thinking it would be better to sue the dealer rather than audi as it was them who never made this clear but maybe I should "invite" both to the party? Also someone mentioned £11 per month - I can't check because apparently I'd need a Passport (currently away getting renewed) and would need to go to my dealer to be IDed ! I need to have at least a rough idea of how much to sue for so is £11 per month correct for an A6 C7 ?
    Not sure when you bought the car, but is it possible the statement from the dealer was correct at the time of purchase?
    Audi A6 Avant BiTDi C7 SE 2014

John

(The Beemer is a bike)

0 0 0

3. Re: Traffic Licence Expiry 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike41 View Post
    Maybe I'm being a bit **** about this but I'm 100% sure nobody told me I'd have to start paying after 3 years. Google maps still works, the lights and horn still work so why not the traffic and more to the point why didn't they make that clear?

So unless you all tell me I'm being a D*ck, I am planning on going down the small claims court. I'd be happy to update here if anyone cares. Thinking it would be better to sue the dealer rather than audi as it was them who never made this clear but maybe I should "invite" both to the party? Also someone mentioned £11 per month - I can't check because apparently I'd need a Passport (currently away getting renewed) and would need to go to my dealer to be IDed ! I need to have at least a rough idea of how much to sue for so is £11 per month correct for an A6 C7 ?
    Not sure you will get very far. This is taken from Page 84 of the October 2014 (2015 Model Year) brochure
    AudiCOnnect.jpg

States quite clearly that you get 24 Months of Audi Connect for free and they will then extend it for one further year free of charge. The implication is that after 3 years there will be a charge. For the C8 they are very explicit in that you get 3 years free and then there is a charge

0 1 0

4. Re: Traffic Licence Expiry 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    2017 brochure is even more explicit

Attachment 38337

0 0 0

5. Re: Traffic Licence Expiry 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    It may well be in the hand book and right that Audi can charge after that 3 year period. But, my car will be 6 years old in November and they have renewed the licence free of charge, no question, for the last 3 years, 100% free since it came into being… Now they want to start charging for the access for older cars. This is all about, the internet of things (IOT) the latest electric vehicles have followed the Tesla model, always connected to offer constant services to the occupants, it is being used as a cash cow for additional income on the back of, if your car is about to have a problem it will tell the maker, if you breakdown it will give the recovery service your location, if you are involved in an accident it will notify the emergency services etc etc. The thing is that transport of data costs almost nothing, you can get sims with 4-5 gig of data free calls and text for around £5-6 a month with no contract. The car systems are really no different to an iPad, if it can be done for free for 3 years then it can be free going forward unless a new function is offered for your car and you want that additional service then fine pay for just that. Shame on you Audi…
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

6. Re: Traffic Licence Expiry 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    I agree that this is all about a connected ‘internet of things’ strategy by major manufacturers. We all seem to be addicted to an ‘always connected’ frame of mind … and the manufacturers have their latest cash cow etc. It is pretty galling as behind it all …its a pretty low cost technology to develop and deliver. (LED lights and touchscreens are two other examples of car industry cash cow areas.. I think)

Another retail strategy by manufacturers is to get us all switched over to a ‘monthly subscription for everything’ way of thinking… as opposed to paying a reasonable up front cost to own something outright.. get us signed up on a contract/direct debit (example; used to be able to buy outright MS office software package.. now it’s a bloated web based subscription plan)

Rant over

Apple car play a potential solution to this type of issue going forward?…third party apps projected from your phone … onto the cars main display?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A6 Black Edition - 2014 - 2.0 TDI Manual
    Daytona Grey Pearl, Full LED Headlights, Technology Pack, Advanced Key
    4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

0 0 0

7. Re: Traffic Licence Expiry 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Definitely. BMW tried to charge for carplay but backed down after everyone complained about it. Nothing's future proof these days but you kind of expect everything in your car to keep working.

0 0 0

8. Re: Traffic Licence Expiry 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Defo Agreed.

So we all need to recognise the ‘good fight’ solutions that are out there at the moment. OK you need to be an Apple Head with this particular issue … but this could get complicated/messy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A6 Black Edition - 2014 - 2.0 TDI Manual
    Daytona Grey Pearl, Full LED Headlights, Technology Pack, Advanced Key
    4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

0 0 0

9. Re: Traffic Licence Expiry 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Its £115 a year - now that may be palatable for newer cars with lots of other services, but all this does for the C7 A6 is turn Google traffic back on, dynamic routing etc. I already had Carplay, so have invested in a wifi dongle for that. I now exclusively use WAZE via my phone and Carplay, or could even use Google Maps through the phone which would provide everything Audi are charging for, but for free, and if I recall Google Maps on the phone was always quicker to update with traffic info, and will be the latest maps all the time.
    Current Fleet
    2017 Audi A6 Avant BiTdi
    2008 BMW Z4M Roadster
    2003 Clio 172 Cup

0 2 0

10. Re: Traffic Licence Expiry 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Have kicked this back up. My licence was due to expire on 12-11-2021 so with all this talk I decided it was not worth contacting Audi to get it renewed, I would get by without it. Kept expecting the message, your licence will expire in a few days, well it never came up. Having noticed that the MMI still showed ONLINE today I decided to have a play to see the state of the situation. Went online for my local weather and there it was, search for local petrol station, yup up it came, result. So then looked at the expire date for the licence, 12-11-2022. So it has been renewed with no intervention from me. Anybody else experienced this, perhaps Audi have had a rethink…
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast