Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    AND stop the leak. That unit is the Control unit for access and start authorisation AKA immobiliser and is superseded by 4E0 907 181 A
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

2. Re: A8 - Ignition Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    Hope the new A variant is better at being water proof!

Trying to find the drains under the skuttle is proving hard. It’s full of crap so no doubt the sauce but trying to find where the actual drain is not as straight forward!

0 0 0

3. Re: A8 - Ignition Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The drain is for the air box, it is down in that hole underneath the solenoid valves and evil to get at. If you rock the car, sometimes you can hear water sloshing around inside the box.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: A8 - Ignition Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    Managed to clear the near side one with a 6mm cable, not sure if offside has one too

0 0 0

5. Re: A8 - Ignition Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    There is one each side

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

6. Re: A8 - Ignition Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi, I might be reviving and old thread but hear me out please. I just got an 08 plate audi a8 3.0 tdi quattro. Lovely car to drive. 2 weeks ago I replaced the left front and rear door locks, as the old ones wouldn't unlock from the outside. After a lot of unlocking and locking it showed on the dashboard low battery charge. I plugged in my diag tool to clear the codes that come from the low charge (i had the engine running so the battery would still charge)and after clearing a lot of codes, when I tried to stop the engine, the key released from the ignition and all dashboard went dark but engine was still running. I put the key back in the ignition and turned it until eventually the engine stopped. But after that I didn't have any ignition, no steering lock. The only thing was the MMI popping out of the dashboard. I did search the forums, and found the j329 terminal relay under the dashboard was playing up. I took it apart and here is the weird thing: if I disconnect the contacts in the relay, put the key in the ignition, everything powred up as usual, but I have to keep it closed so I can start the engine. If i keep it closed (the relay) and try to stop the engine from the key, it has the same symptom: everything goes dark but engine runs. As soon as I let go of the relay, engine stops. I did get from the scrappers 3 other 370 relays, but as soon as I plug then in, the stop lights light up as if the brake is pressed and the key in the ignition does nothing. Today i received a brand new 70 amp bosch relay, plugged it in and it did improve it but partially. Basically I can start it now but sometimes it stops the engine, sometimes it doesn't and when it does that if I tap my finger on the relay the engine stops.

My thoughts were at first a sticky relay but a brand new one shouldn't do that. So I am thinking it might be one of the positive wires that come from the ignition switch that is giving the relay more voltage than it needs? Help !

Ps: I don't have the dreaded 0288 error code. When i scanned it with ignition off it showed 00576 on the immo module, and also the kessy module I took it apart and it was bone dry on mine.

0 0 0

7. Re: A8 - Ignition Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Charge the battery but probably replace it, those systems are very sensitive to low voltages. I think the new one will need coding in.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: A8 - Ignition Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi, thank you for the reply.

The battery is brand new, even then I have put it on charger, and still it has the same symptoms. I might think, because I bought it like that, that the previous owner bought the new HB battery and replaced it himself. I don't think he coded it though. I didn't know you need to code it, and unfortunately my scan tool is multi brand and doesn't have that option. Is that an option in VCDS?

0 0 0

9. Re: A8 - Ignition Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    Yes, but it’s not going to cause you the problems you are having. It’s to do with charging capacity and age so it knows how to charge it accordingly.

If the screen is going down every time you turn the key off the ignition switch is working. My money is one of the central electric modules under passenger carpet

1 0 0

10. Re: A8 - Ignition Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanfenton View Post
    My money is one of the central electric modules under passenger carpet
    Water water everywhere...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast