Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Even if the ECU is the same number the coding value may not be correct, without a diagnostic computer you are going to struggle.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

2. Re: Passat 2002 : Comfort control module controller not reachable 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Any idea, how much do i have to fork out to do the coding?

0 0 0

3. Re: Passat 2002 : Comfort control module controller not reachable 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    "On my original CCM I checked the continuity of 23 pin and 15 pin plug for each of the pins using multimeter"
    What do you mean by this? From where to where did you check?

Loss of interior lights on my wifes car was down to a coroded pin on one of the multipin plugs which had literally disintegrated. It was used to carry 12 volts to the interior lights from the CCM (they use a switched earth so should have 12 volts fed to them full time). The Haynes manual shows it as pin 18 on the 23 pin plug but be wary, they do get it wrong sometimes. I used a bit of logical thinking and with the pin disconnected from the CCM fed 12 volts to the lights from the incoming 12 volts (pin 22 of the 23 pin plug). All the lights worked as expected, so well in fact that I cancelled the replacement CCM I had ordered and left the wiring like that.

Regarding programming the new CCM, Crasher is quite right, it's a dealership or somebody with VCDS I'm afraid.

0 0 0

4. Re: Passat 2002 : Comfort control module controller not reachable 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I checked the continuity on 23 and 15 pin multiplug on the CCM. Image 1 shows the input pin and Image 2 shows those pins connected to PCB. Hope that make sense and is correct?
    Attached Images

0 0 0

5. Re: Passat 2002 : Comfort control module controller not reachable 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Can't open the atrached thumbnails but let's not get bogged down with that.
    With the new CCM connected can you check if you have 12 volts on pin 18 of the 23 way connector, preferably testing on the cable side of the plug, I suspect this should be there all the time. If you have 12 volts then please do the same test with the old CCM, I suspect it will be missing.

0 0 0

6. Re: Passat 2002 : Comfort control module controller not reachable 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sure will check that, but not sure how to get the reading from the cable side when CCM is connected.

Quote Originally Posted by ianhayter View Post
    Can't open the atrached thumbnails but let's not get bogged down with that.
    With the new CCM connected can you check if you have 12 volts on pin 18 of the 23 way connector, preferably testing on the cable side of the plug, I suspect this should be there all the time. If you have 12 volts then please do the same test with the old CCM, I suspect it will be missing.

0 0 0

7. Re: Passat 2002 : Comfort control module controller not reachable 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    You should be able to push the red multimeter probe into the back of the plug connector where the cable comes out. It'll be a black and red cable, but there are a couple, so check the pin numbering before you plug in the connector. The black probe needs to go to earth, either pin 23 of the same connector or to the car chassis if that's easier.

0 0 0

8. Re: Passat 2002 : Comfort control module controller not reachable 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Ianhayter, will take the readings and share it with you.
    On Martin's website (PASSAT - B5 CCM Wiring), for B5 wiring Pin 18(blue) is for Boot lock motor and Pin 20 (Red/Black) is for Interior lights. Is the B5 and B5.5 ccm wiring different?

You should be able to push the red multimeter probe into the back of the plug connector where the cable comes out. It'll be a black and red cable, but there are a couple, so check the pin numbering before you plug in the connector. The black probe needs to go to earth, either pin 23 of the same connector or to the car chassis if that's easier.

0 0 0

9. Re: Passat 2002 : Comfort control module controller not reachable 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    I no longer have my B5 Haynes manual (or the car for that matter) but yes, I agree that the Martin's B5 website does give different information (I have a copy as well but it was for the B5 specifically I think).

I'm using the B5.5 Haynes manual and my memory to direct you. Please look at the colour of the wires as well, if it's black/red on pin 18 then it's the right pin, if not then check pin 20. Haynes B5.5 has a red/black wire on pin 20 as well, but just for the glovebox light apparently. How to make things interesting.........!! Driving that many lights it'll be quite a substantial wire as well.

0 0 0

10. Re: Passat 2002 : Comfort control module controller not reachable 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its pin 20 on my passat with black/red wire. The readings are 12.07 V on new ccm and 0 on original ccm. How does current flow? At high level is it from battery - Fuse - CCM - All pins?

I no longer have my B5 Haynes manual (or the car for that matter) but yes, I agree that the Martin's B5 website does give different information (I have a copy as well but it was for the B5 specifically I think).

I'm using the B5.5 Haynes manual and my memory to direct you. Please look at the colour of the wires as well, if it's black/red on pin 18 then it's the right pin, if not then check pin 20. Haynes B5.5 has a red/black wire on pin 20 as well, but just for the glovebox light apparently. How to make things interesting.........!! Driving that many lights it'll be quite a substantial wire as well.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast