1. Re: Passat 2002 : Comfort control module controller not reachable 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    So basically you've discovered that the constant 12v from the CCM to the interior lights is missing when using the original CCM, same issue that I had.
    My answer to the problem was to cut the wire off of pin 20 and connect it to the wire connected to pin 22 (12 volts into CCM), whereupon all the interior lights started to work as you would expect them to.
    Entirely up to you if you want to do this but I've had no issues with it since doing it a couple of years ago.
    Your other option is trying to find somebody to code the replacement CCM for your car and I have to say I would be surprised if coding was the issue. I'm only aware of being able to change the number of doors that unlock and whether the car has 2 or 4 electric windows with VCDS coding of the CCM, but then I've never looked into it any further.

0 0 0

2. Re: Passat 2002 : Comfort control module controller not reachable 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I will try your option rather than go with recoding option.
    I can understand cutting wire of pin 20, how did you connect to wire of pin 22? Did you remove the pin from the connector and then joined?

Also my pin 21 (Interior light door switches , as per Martin's site) has same issue, readings is 11V with new CCM and 0 with original CCM. As it is not 12V, but 11V which is 1V difference, Will it matter if I follow the same procedure as for pin 20 i.e take direct feed from pin 22?

Quote Originally Posted by ianhayter View Post
    So basically you've discovered that the constant 12v from the CCM to the interior lights is missing when using the original CCM, same issue that I had.
    My answer to the problem was to cut the wire off of pin 20 and connect it to the wire connected to pin 22 (12 volts into CCM), whereupon all the interior lights started to work as you would expect them to.
    Entirely up to you if you want to do this but I've had no issues with it since doing it a couple of years ago.
    Your other option is trying to find somebody to code the replacement CCM for your car and I have to say I would be surprised if coding was the issue. I'm only aware of being able to change the number of doors that unlock and whether the car has 2 or 4 electric windows with VCDS coding of the CCM, but then I've never looked into it any further.
    Interior light door switches

0 0 0

3. Re: Passat 2002 : Comfort control module controller not reachable 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    There are no interior light door switches on the Passat as you'll see if you open a door and look. The interior lights are triggered by micro switches in the door catches/locks, which are a never ending failure point in themselves. So I don't know what that wire does, rather let's ignore it for the moment and see if anything else doesn't work.

I used a choc block to join the loom end of pin 20 to the cable to pin 22. But just cut the wires and twist them together to prove the point. So, 2 x loom cables connected to pin 22, nothing to pin 20. Cut them far enough from the plug that you can rejoin them if it doesn't work..........it will though!!

0 0 0

4. Re: Passat 2002 : Comfort control module controller not reachable 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok, will try with pin 20 only. I still do not understand how to connect to pin 22, sorry mate. Is it possible to remove pin 22 from the connector or cut wire of pin 22 as well and then use choc block to join the wires?

There are no interior light door switches on the Passat as you'll see if you open a door and look. The interior lights are triggered by micro switches in the door catches/locks, which are a never ending failure point in themselves. So I don't know what that wire does, rather let's ignore it for the moment and see if anything else doesn't work.

I used a choc block to join the loom end of pin 20 to the cable to pin 22. But just cut the wires and twist them together to prove the point. So, 2 x loom cables connected to pin 22, nothing to pin 20. Cut them far enough from the plug that you can rejoin them if it doesn't work..........it will though!!

0 0 0

5. Re: Passat 2002 : Comfort control module controller not reachable 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Ok, step by step.
    Disconnect the battery (because if you short out the wire to pin 22 you'll blow fuse 14)
    Cut the wire to pin 22 a couple of inches from the plug
    Cut the wire to pin 20 a couple of inches from the plug
    Strip the ends of the wire connected to pin 22 and the 2 wires going to the loom
    Twist the 3 wires together and wrap in insulation tape or similar
    Reconnect battery.
    Pour yourself a drink and celebrate that you now have interior lights.

0 1 0

6. Re: Passat 2002 : Comfort control module controller not reachable 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Very clear now. I will post an update soon. Many thanks Ianhayter for your guidance.

Ok, step by step.
    Disconnect the battery (because if you short out the wire to pin 22 you'll blow fuse 14)
    Cut the wire to pin 22 a couple of inches from the plug
    Cut the wire to pin 20 a couple of inches from the plug
    Strip the ends of the wire connected to pin 22 and the 2 wires going to the loom
    Twist the 3 wires together and wrap in insulation tape or similar
    Reconnect battery.
    Pour yourself a drink and celebrate that you now have interior lights.

0 0 0

7. Re: Passat 2002 : Comfort control module controller not reachable 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The steps you have mentioned has worked for me. Now i have my interior lights (missed for 5-6 years), windows rolling up/down, boot release from driver side control, central locking via key fob and can adjust wing mirror position. Many thanks Ianhayter.
    My fuel cap release has stopped working, I am guessing this is not CCM related as I do not see any related pin on Martin's site. Any idea?

0 0 0

8. Re: Passat 2002 : Comfort control module controller not reachable 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Pleased to hear it. If you've just twisted the wires together then I would suggest you make a more permanent joint either by soldering your twisted connection or using a small choc block to connect the wires together. Whatever you do try and waterproof it to as best you can.
    I've never had an issue with the petrol cap motor but the diagram shows it shares fuse 38 with all the door lock controllers, so if they're working then the fuse is good. The cable feeding 12v to the petrol cap switch in the drivers door is one of 5 fanning out from a joint connecting to fuse 38. All the cables are red/yellow so if you can find this joint in the loom running under the passenger kick plate that would be a good place to start. Failing that check for 12 volts at the switch in the door, it's possible that either the cable to or from the switch has fractured in the loom between the body and the door. To the switch is red/yellow and should have a constant 12 volts, from the switch is red/green and should only have 12 volts when the switch is activated. My moneys on the joint in the loom though, good luck and let me know how you get on.

0 1 0

9. Re: Passat 2002 : Comfort control module controller not reachable 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I could find red/yellow wire and it has not broken/corroded. Voltage is zero at the connector to fuel cap release motor in boot with ignition on & activating the release button on driver side. It has red/green (12v) and brown (earth) wires. Is it possible to check the voltage at the release switch without removing door panel?

0 0 0

10. Re: Passat 2002 : Comfort control module controller not reachable 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    I don't think so, not without damaging the door panel. It's not too difficult to get it off, only takes about 5 minutes to release the 5 bolts and pull it away from the door. Do you know how?

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast