Hi,
My friend has the above car. It was bought off eBay as a none runner so knowing he had nearly all the parts from the previous issues with his Passat with the same engine code CAYC it was purchased.
After looking at this with him we noticed it had injector rocker cover seals missing and after taking off the rocker cover a broken tappet rocker. So off with the head. replaced 2 bent valves etc. ground in, tested with fuel for leaks, new guides and cams all set.
The problem we have is that the car appears to have only one low pressure pump in the tank and no inline pump. the pressure is about 10PSI (0.5Bar) as stated, however his later model Passat must have a higher or inline pump running at around 80PSI.
So my question is is the tank pump wrong. (Is there actually a hidden pump as no pump found in front of the camshaft) is it meant to feed the HPFP at such a low rate (if there is flow then i guess once the HPFP is purged of air then maybe OK) is there a special way to purge HPFP and injectors. VCDs only purges the tank pump up to the HPFP and if i select the other option that escape me at the moment; it just displays error to communicate so I'm guessing it doesn't exist.
So how do we get air out of the HPFP and Injector line.

other things to mention No engine fault codes. Injectors all sprayed fine and electrically test OK. Also tried swapping HPFP as we had one from a working engine, also replaced Tank pump with the same as was fitted.

I've seen people on the web mentioning pulling air out with brake bleed pump on HPFP return, cracking fuel lines etc.

Many thanks.