Notices

User Tag List

Thread: VW Golf MK6 1.6 TDI, 2011 CAYC Bluemotion - wont start after rebuild.

1. VW Golf MK6 1.6 TDI, 2011 CAYC Bluemotion - wont start after rebuild. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,
    My friend has the above car. It was bought from eBay as a none runner so knowing he had nearly all the parts from the previous issues with his Passat with the same engine code CAYC it was purchased.
    After looking at this with him we noticed it had injector rocker cover seals missing and after taking off the rocker cover a broken tappet rocker. So off with the head. replaced 2 bent valves etc. ground in, tested with fuel for leaks, new guides and cams all set.
    The problem we have is that the car appears to have only one low pressure pump in the tank and no inline pump. the pressure is about 10PSI (0.5Bar) as stated, however his later model Passat must have a higher or inline pump running at around 80PSI.
    So my question is is the tank pump wrong. (Is there actually a hidden pump as no pump found in front of the camshaft) is it meant to feed the HPFP at such a low rate (if there is flow then i guess once the HPFP is purged of air then maybe OK) is there a special way to purge HPFP and injectors. VCDs only purges the tank pump up to the HPFP and if i select the other option that escape me at the moment; it just displays error to communicate so I'm guessing it doesn't exist.
    So how do we get air out of the HPFP and Injector line.

other things to mention No engine fault codes. Injectors all sprayed fine and electrically test OK. Also tried swapping HPFP as we had one from a working engine, also replaced Tank pump with the same as was fitted.

I've seen people on the web mentioning pulling air out with brake bleed pump on HPFP return, cracking fuel lines etc.

Many thanks.
    Last edited by Lambretta; 20-09-2021 at 01:00 PM.

0 0 0

2. Re: VW Golf MK6 1.6 TDI, 2011 CAYC Bluemotion - wont start after rebuild. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,
    Well after a lot more searching managed to find out some differences with the CAYC low pressure . There is apparently an earlier model 0.5Bar and a later 6Bar system. Please see attached. There was a change to the HPFP, rail and return pipes, leak of pipes amongst other things. Still need to look further as to the faults and how to bleed (it does show a vacuum bleed tool Hand vacuum pump - VAS 6213) but making a little head way. I will update when i find out more.
    The full PDF is here but was too big to attach but can be seen below.

D3E801B26A2-4-Cylinder Common Rail Engine (1 6 L EA189) | PDF | Belt (Mechanical) | Machines
    Attached Files

0 0 0

3. Re: VW Golf MK6 1.6 TDI, 2011 CAYC Bluemotion - wont start after rebuild. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)
    what checks if any have you done to fuel rail pressure sensor. with ignition on this 3 terminal plug should read 5vs via ecu pin no b10 no 1 terminal ground terminal to ecu no b51 no 2 terminal return wire to ecu terminal b40 on this return wire hooked up multi meter check what voltage at key on & cranking voltage

0 0 0

4. Re: VW Golf MK6 1.6 TDI, 2011 CAYC Bluemotion - wont start after rebuild. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    firstly thanks for your reply,
    We have jumped from a running car to keep up the Voltage / Ampage. We changed the rail with a known good sensor and Regulator. I must admit i haven't checked for reference voltage at the Sensor but did feed the HPFP solenoid with 12v whilst cranking and running Tank pump with VCDs. and then the same with HPFP low return open, and again with HPFP high pressure out cracked loose but still no flow. looks like 0.5bar not enough to push air out. Looking at trying to vacuum pump the return pipe to see if the pump will fill and hopefully then the rail maybe whilst turning the engine by hand so the HPFP pump valves actuate.

0 0 0