Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I am here in Malaysia

Fixing adblue issues are costing me £3k

Delete EGR/DPF/Adbule will cost me
    £1k

Mechanic say Adblue problems will recur as diesel here is not good quality, but he also says delete can have issues with soot and thick smoke on high RPM.

NO strict laws here in Malaysia for emission control so I could do it if I want to take that rout. Now I am stuck between a rock and hard place.

Dont know what to do.

Please advice if anyone of you have any experience. I dont as this is my first diesel car.

Thank you.

0 0 0

2. Re: Please Advise 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    As you can see there is no answer to your question in this forum so far. Because the answer is very difficult and ultimately you have to make the final decision. In most countries, removing the catalytic converter, EGR and AdBlue system is illegal and such a car would not pass the mandatory technical inspection.
    If it is allowed in Malaysia, you can of course do it, but there is always a risk that sooner or later faults and errors may appear in various car controllers. Especially that with this modifications the mechanic will have to adjust car software and probably install cheating emulators. The Q7 is a complex car and has been designed mechanically and electronically to meet stringent emissions regulations. Such modifications are of course possible, some people do them but in my opinion it could be risky. The question is also how the official Audi dealer, whom you may visit sooner or later, will react to such modifications, and whether the potential, future buyer of your car will be willing to accept such modifications.
    I perfectly understand that the cost of fixing of the AdBlue system is painful, but maybe you will look for a used parts. Very often they are offered on ebay and I am sure many sellers can ship them to Malaysia as well.

0 0 0

3. Re: Please Advise 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Hi Retom,

First, let me thank you for taking the time out and pointing out all of those things which can go wrong. Agree with everything you pointed out. I'm all for fixing this adblue issues, even replacing the EGR valve and reductant pump is no problem. But what bothers me the most is even after spending so much money my indy mechanic (who's German) refuses to give me any guarantee that those equipments wont fall again. His main argument is that the diesel (Euro5) quality available here in Malaysia, which now many people say its not even comes close to Euro5, hence he thinks they might fall again. He may be right because the car was running fine until I fill the tank for the first time. One reason for bad quality diesel is that Malaysia doesn't have any emission laws and cars do not go for yearly inspections. So, legal problems not an issue.

Audi Malaysia doesn't even want to deal with me, they say we dont sell diesel cars and dont have trained staff for diesel either.

So here I am still dont know what to do.

Once again thank you so much.

0 0 0

4. Re: Please Advise 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    I am surprised you cannot find high quality, low sulfur diesel fuel in the homeland of Petronas. Petronas even advertises its fuel as meeting Euro 5 standards: https://dynamicdiesel.my/
    However, if you cannot buy the right diesel fuel, I would personally repair the AdBlue system and then sell this car and buy another one with a gasoline engine.
    If you continue to drive a car with an engine like the Q7 on poor quality diesel fuel, sooner or later you may end up with a failure of the piezoelectric fuel injectors and the high pressure fuel pump. And these are really big costs.

0 0 0

5. Re: Please Advise 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Adblue system has nothing to do with the quality of the diesel is a post evac system…

0 0 0

6. Re: Please Advise 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tweetyblu View Post
    Adblue system has nothing to do with the quality of the diesel is a post evac system…
    AdBlue is not affected, but EGR and DPF are.

0 0 0

7. Re: Please Advise 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Just a quick update

Deleted Adblue, EGR/DPF remained installed. Car runs fine as of now.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out.

0 0 0