1. Q7 2007 BUG Air Suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, got a 3.0tdi BUG Q7 2007, every morning i start the car and as I go over ~20mph the air compressor runs for a minute or so and then turns off. My adaptive air suspension is in automatic mode, no air bags leak over night and car stays level on all 4 corners.

I've had a new compressor fitted last year along with a new rear offside bag and a new valve block just fitted recently. The issue was noticed after the new compressor and rear air bag was fitted. I sprayed soapy water on the valve block to check for leaks, no leaks that I could see. Also leak checked the front bags too which also has no leaks. Just done a level calibration recently.

Ive connected vagcom and filled my accumulator to max 16.6bar at night, got to it in the morning and it dropped to ~14.8bar and as I drive over ~20mph it starts to fill until it reaches 16.6bar and then turns off.

Am i right in thinking if there was a leak it would go below 14.8bar overnight to more like <5bar. Could it be normal behavior, that automatic mode is releasing air whilst sat overnight and then needs to fill up accumulator when first driving after being parked?

Im not getting any faults related to level control and all level sensors are working as expected.

0 0 0

2. Re: Q7 2007 BUG Air Suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    That sounds like an accumulator piping leak or the valve block.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

3. Re: Q7 2007 BUG Air Suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    That sounds like an accumulator piping leak or the valve block.
    Thanks Crasher, so i''ve leaked checked the valve block when I changed it last week, no leaks at all.

This car has 2 accumulators, one in the boot which has easy access, Ive done a leak check on that and no leaks. Will try checking the other accumulator this weekend.

0 0 0

4. Re: Q7 2007 BUG Air Suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So I've found no leaks from the 2 accumulators.

I renewed all 6 seals on the valve block. Then I left it in jacking mode overnight, checked the pressure in the accumulator and it did not reduce, stayed at 16.6bar. So really confused why the compressor runs in the morning and pressure reduces, could it be theres a leak somewhere else? I checked both front bag valves and no leaks, just need to check the rears.

I will monitor the compressor running over the coming days.

0 0 0

5. Re: Q7 2007 BUG Air Suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Did you leave it at full height?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

6. Re: Q7 2007 BUG Air Suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I don’t think it was me that closed this

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

7. Re: Q7 2007 BUG Air Suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for reopening Crasher

last night, I raised the suspension to lift mode, left in jack mode and all 4 bags stayed filled overnight, I checked the height in VCDS in the morning and it was reading the same as last night. So does this mean the valves on each bag is fine?

Ive done the following so far.
    - fitted new valve block with new rubber seals
    - leak checked valve block and pipe on compressor
    - leak checked front valves whilst filling them via vcds
    - filled accumulator to 16.6bar, left in jack mode overnight and pressure was still the same.
    - left in lift mode and jack mode overnight and all 4 corners stay level.

Could there be a small leak from the air pipe going to the rear bags? so not from the valve but from the pipe which fits onto the valve or would that cause the bags to lower? Am i correct in thinking the valves fitted to the bags are one way valves?

0 0 0

8. Re: Q7 2007 BUG Air Suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I have had a few 4L Q7’s and 4B Allroad’s that didn’t sink for days when left at full height and it was an air bag, I think that when fully stretched out it seals tiny leaks in the fold areas

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0