1. Audi A3 1.6Fsi 2006 Wiring diagram 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Would anyone be able to guide me to where I may be able to get a wiring diagram for my car, for the rear demister circuit in particular as my rear demister switch is not working but we have have been able to power the rear screen from the relay below the dash and check that the demister is working.
    Just need to be able to determine which wire from the switch is going to the relay or to the relevant pin

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A3 1.6Fsi 2006 Wiring diagram 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    If the screen element gets power by jumping the relay position at pins 1 and 2 of the BCM and the relay itself works then you need to look at the status of the signal from the switch in the HVAC panel to the BCM in measuring blocks using a diagnostic system which can display measuring blocks, the operation of the relay by the BCM can be tested using output tests. From the heater control panel at position 8 of the 20 pin black plug, there is a lilac/white wire to position 6 of the 12 pin black connector of the BCM, this is just a signal line from the button. From my experience this problem is often the BCM not operating the relay.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A3 1.6Fsi 2006 Wiring diagram 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    If the screen element gets power by jumping the relay position at pins 1 and 2 of the BCM and the relay itself works then you need to look at the status of the signal from the switch in the HVAC panel to the BCM in measuring blocks using a diagnostic system which can display measuring blocks, the operation of the relay by the BCM can be tested using output tests. From the heater control panel at position 8 of the 20 pin black plug, there is a lilac/white wire to position 6 of the 12 pin black connector of the BCM, this is just a signal line from the button. From my experience this problem is often the BCM not operating the relay.
    Onve again thank you for your reply.By BCM I assume you mean the board that the relay is plugged into. I have changed that, albeit for a second hand one.I notice that there is also a control board behind the switch.Is it likely that this has failed?

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A3 1.6Fsi 2006 Wiring diagram 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    You need to study the signals.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

5. Re: Audi A3 1.6Fsi 2006 Wiring diagram 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you will do

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi A3 1.6Fsi 2006 Wiring diagram 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My colleague managed to check the heater switch on the contol panel ussing he`s vcds and we can see the switch operating fine but not opening the relay for the demister. Also checked the white and lilac signal wire to the relay wire and that seems all fine too.Is it such that once the signal wire sends a signal into the control panel that the relay is plugged into this in turn then sends an internal signal which switches opens the relay hence turning the demister on.Is it common for the control panels to become faulty as this is the second control panel for the relay fuses that I have used or we be looking else where??

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi A3 1.6Fsi 2006 Wiring diagram 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The relay is operated by the BCM which it plugs into, if the signal is going to the BCM and the relay is OK the it looks like the BCM is faulty, it is not uncommon. Unfortunately changing these can have all sorts of implications on other controllers, a common issue is the new BCM recoding the ABS as left hand drive and then locking the pump so you can't code it back! We did a new BCM on a T6 last week and just copied the coding of the old one into the new one at which point it scrambled the coding of nearly every controller on the car and sent everything ballistic. It took me an hour and a half using the dealer system ODIS to get everything back working again.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi A3 1.6Fsi 2006 Wiring diagram 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Once again thank you for your reply. I have already replaced the BCM for another used one with same part number. Not sure how much a new one would cost but given the age of the car I dont think that is a viable option. Just wondering if I should gamble on another controller as all the work done so far is implying that the fault is in the controller. The only other thing that comes to mind is whether or not the battery is fully charged as the car has been standing a while. Can a voltage drop result in this ?

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi A3 1.6Fsi 2006 Wiring diagram 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    To do any diagnostic work with the engine off, the car should always be on charge, at least 12 volts but preferably 13.5 ish.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi A3 1.6Fsi 2006 Wiring diagram 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the charging advice. Battery fully charged and on charge and now I can definatley hear the relay opening and closing when i depress the rear demister switch. Still not getting the demister to light up ,not sure why but off to get a boiling kettle of water to check the rear screeen now.Thank you

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast