Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Hello everyone,

I imported an 2016 Q7 TDI from UK to Malaysia using Autotrader (big mistake). First I was worried about MMI and Navi upgrade from UK to Malaysia which I abandoned after finding out will cost me RM4800 (almost
    £1000) I just use carplay.

Anyways, the worst nightmare came true when I got CEL and airbag light popped up this morning. Ran obd2 and this is what I got.

1/1-B10381B = IGNITER 1 FOR PEDESTRIAN PROTECTION RESISTANCE TOO HIGH

2/6- P040200 = EXAUST GAS RECIRCULATION FLOW EXCESSIVE DETECTED

3/6- P20E800 = REDUCTANT PRESSURE TOO LOW

4/6- P150A00 = ENGINE OFF TIMER PERFORMANCE

5/6- P191A00 = LOSS OF CRANKSHAFT SYNCHRONIZATION

6/6- P207F00 = REDUCTANT QUALITY PERFORMANCE

Since Audi is finally open now here in Kuala Lumpur (was closed for lockdown) I will take the car to them, before I do that I just want to know if these issues are related or separate? Car was at the port for 5 months and they needed to jump start. Do I need a new battery? many functions such as keyless entry not working.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: First Post 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Clear the codes, see what comes back
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: First Post 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    I will tell you very blunt what’s happening:

1/6 there is a recall for this, go to your dealer and it will perform the fix for free.

2/6 EGR is faulty needs replacement or refurbish, after a while of running the car with this issue the dpf filter will go bust.

3/6 and 6/6 it’s a common failure point for the first year of production, the adblue reservoir needs to be replaced, did it mine under warranty.

4/6 and 5/6 the timing chain needs to be changed ASAP because of a failing tensioner, again common problem on this engine, otherwise your valve will get desynched or the chain will snap out of place, both of them lead to catastrophic engine failure.

These are very expensive repairs, and some of them are very delicate, be aware where you are going to take care of them.

0 1 0

4. Re: First Post 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    It is rather impossible for him to have all these disasters at the same time. Don't scare him in advance.
    Just like Crasher wrote. First try to clear these errors and see if they come back. The car was shipped for 5 months. Certainly, the battery was completely discharged during shipping or even due to the safety reasons disconnected and this may be the reason for these errors in the car controllers.

0 2 0

5. Re: First Post 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Thank you for providing some insight. I hope this could be all related to some bad sensors or even a weak battery.

It does sound like all of these codes are related to emission system. I could be wrong.

Thanks for your support.

0 0 0

6. Re: First Post 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Retom,

I wish you're right. The car was parked at the port for some five months and I agree that a weak battery could make ECU to throw all these codes.

In another news, the fill adblue light came on today.

Keeping the fingers cross as I am going to take it to Audi KL tomorrow. Hope they wont ask for my kidney. Will keep you guys posted.

Thank you so much for your interest

0 0 0

7. Re: First Post 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tweetyblu View Post
    I will tell you very blunt what’s happening:

4/6 and 5/6 the timing chain needs to be changed ASAP because of a failing tensioner, again common problem on this engine, otherwise your valve will get desynched or the chain will snap out of place, both of them lead to catastrophic engine failure.
    I think if the tensioner was this bad then I would expect a noticeable rattle?

0 0 0

8. Re: First Post 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    ckq7

Nothing of that sort. it drives smooth as it should. Changed the tiers yesterday and its even better.

I must say thou the guys in Birmingham were not honest, asking them to provide 10-digit code to register the car at myaudi but no help, advertised the car as VAT qualified, charged my almost 5k for tax saying you can claim back from HMRC. Now HMRC wont return my queries either. they gave me worst tiers you can imagine, don't know what else they replaced knowing the car will never comes back to UK.

0 0 0

9. Re: First Post 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckq7 View Post
    I think if the tensioner was this bad then I would expect a noticeable rattle?
    A little bit at start, but it’s not necessary.

0 0 0

10. Re: First Post 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kammiqazi View Post
    ckq7

Nothing of that sort. it drives smooth as it should. Changed the tiers yesterday and its even better.

I must say thou the guys in Birmingham were not honest, asking them to provide 10-digit code to register the car at myaudi but no help, advertised the car as VAT qualified, charged my almost 5k for tax saying you can claim back from HMRC. Now HMRC wont return my queries either. they gave me worst tiers you can imagine, don't know what else they replaced knowing the car will never comes back to UK.
    Does the car have the sos button, if not you don’t need the 10 digit code.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast