1. Replaced MAF - stuttering engine issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Evening, i scanned my car with VCDS and the fault "000257 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70) P0101 - 000 - Implausible Signal" came up.

i bought a new MAF from GSF Car Parts and replaced it on saturday.

YEsterday and today while driving it (from cold) after a few minutes the engine seemed to stutter/jerky, like it was misfiring. when i got home i left the car for an hour, checked the seal around the rubber tube that connects to MAF and air filter and it is secure. I started the car and after about 5 seconds the engine stopped by itself, started again and gave the throttle a blast.

Have i missed something? (yes the electrical plug is connected).

Note that i did a serivce on it a few weeks ago and put in a new fuel filter, after i fitted the new fuel filter the engine ran ok (given i didnt bleed out the air from the system as i thought it was self bleeding)

car is 2 litre tdi 2007.

0 0 0

2. Re: Replaced MAF - stuttering engine issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Fit a genuine VAG sensor.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Replaced MAF - stuttering engine issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Hos much are those and where can i get one from apart from the main dealers? the make i got from GSF was Bremi, which by google are an ok make

0 0 0

4. Re: Replaced MAF - stuttering engine issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    After personal experience of Air Mass Meter nightmares and helping countless other people through the same, I will only fit genuine so unless you have a tame TPS mate or TPS account, an Audi main dealers parts counter, old school parts shoppin… In your case, without knowing the vehicles VIN, I get the part number as 074 906 461 BX and these are exchange so they will need the old one back, the retail is £175.55
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Replaced MAF - stuttering engine issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    It is the one I judged it to be, 074 906 461 BX £146.29 + VAT.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: Replaced MAF - stuttering engine issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    thank you Crasher