1. Buying golf mk8 gtd 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi all, I'm in the market and ready to pull the trigger on a nearly new golf gtd mk8. It was registered January
    When researching the car I've come across all these software issues relating to infortainment and adaptive cruise etc ..
    How big a problem is it?
    Tbh its putting me off a little I'm coming from a mk7 and that had been faultless over the 5 yrs I owned it.
    Have they sorted these issues with software update yet?

0 0 0

2. Re: Buying golf mk8 gtd 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chriz1 View Post
    Hi all, I'm in the market and ready to pull the trigger on a nearly new golf gtd mk8. It was registered January
    When researching the car I've come across all these software issues relating to infortainment and adaptive cruise etc ..
    How big a problem is it?
    Tbh its putting me off a little I'm coming from a mk7 and that had been faultless over the 5 yrs I owned it.
    Have they sorted these issues with software update yet?
    In a word, no, but they are much less of a problem than they used to be. In addition it does seem that cars built after build week 48 (w/c 23/11/2020) apparently had the newer infotainment unit with part number 5H0035816D (instead of the previous 5H0035816C) and software in the 17xx range (rather than in the 16xx range, of which the latest is reportedly 1670). The D spec unit has been reported to be much less problematic.

My car was built in late May 2021 with hardware version 5H0035820D and software 1803, and is largely usable although by no means perfect. It has a number of annoying little glitches, such as the sound settings being reset from time to time to default (on the default settings the audio sounds absolutely rubbish), the mobile key being repeatedly activated and deactivated, travel assist being deactivated randomly, and other similar little things. But nothing really fundamental to the driving of the car.

0 0 0

3. Re: Buying golf mk8 gtd 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for your helpful reply, I'm not sure the build date on this car but it was registered January 21st 2021 so I have no idea if it would have the less probmamatic unit

0 0 0

4. Re: Buying golf mk8 gtd 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    If you can go and take another look at the car at look at what version of the software is showing in the Infotainment System. If it starts 17 or 18 then it is the newer hardware 16 and it is the older version. Also on the diver's door pillar there is a sticker which shows the VIN and also the month/year of manufacture. If it shows 11/20 then it will be down to luck if it is pre or post wk48, but the software version will help you there

0 0 0

5. Re: Buying golf mk8 gtd 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for your reply unfortunately it's hundreds of miles from me were distance buying!

0 0 0

6. Re: Buying golf mk8 gtd 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    If you have a good relationship with the dealer who currently looks after your Mk7 then they may be able to give you the information you require, including what updates it has had or are due.

0 0 0

7. Re: Buying golf mk8 gtd 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I'm sure eif it does have issues dealer will sort it so I'm not to concerned

0 0 0

8. Re: Buying golf mk8 gtd 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    Also on the diver's door pillar there is a sticker which shows the VIN and also the month/year of manufacture.
    There isn't a sticker like this on the driver's door pillar of my car, at least. Just a sticker with tyre pressures.

The data sticker you're referring to is actually inside the front cover of the user manual, and I gather (although I haven't confirmed it) that there is one on the car in the spare wheel well.

0 0 0

9. Re: Buying golf mk8 gtd 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    The sticker is there, you just need to look a bit harder... I couldn't find it immediately either

0 0 0

10. Re: Buying golf mk8 gtd 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    When you open the door it is at the bottom the B Pillar just above the sill. It is black and also has the chassis number

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast