Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Dealer advised against 6-spd gearbox Oil change...?

1. Dealer advised against 6-spd gearbox Oil change...? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi all,
    I've left my A4 at an Audi dealer for 100k service, Cam Belt + water pump and to sort out P2002 error code. (even after 3 forced regens over 4 months the P2002 keeps returning with no loss of power/performance of the engine, not even limp mode)

I told the service advisor about difficulty getting into 2nd gear even when the engine is warm and especially after a long drive - it could be the release bearing but I asked if they can change the gearbox oil as its cheaper.

The Service Advisor actually advised AGAINST doing that, telling me the oil viscosity of the new oil would cause me more probs, like dificult to selct any gear, dashboard warning lights would start, ??? which ones he didnt know !!
    What is he talking about? (apart for out of his a**e!

Has anybody here have any experience and advise if changing the gearbox Oil on my manual 6-spd would cause more problems?
    Thanks
    Last edited by adani24; 10-09-2021 at 08:38 PM.
    Current: 2016 A4 Avant B9 2.0 tdi Ultra Sport 190 (DETA) 6-spd
    Previous: 2007 A4 Avant B7 2.0 tdi (BRE) 140 103kW

0 0 0

2. Re: Dealer advised against 6-spd gearbox Oil change...? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Through Audi Cam, they said new EGR cooler required to clear the P2002 error code, and a new clutch required to fix the 2nd gear issue. Both adding upto £3891.00 for a 2016 car

0 0 0

3. Re: Dealer advised against 6-spd gearbox Oil change...? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    It sounds like the service advisor has worse rectal emissions than the car…
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

4. Re: Dealer advised against 6-spd gearbox Oil change...? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Signed

1 0 0

5. Re: Dealer advised against 6-spd gearbox Oil change...? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Petition signed
    Update, I went on erWIN and found the TP and repair ordet for blocked EGR cooler affecting some of these engines (DETA) so now the dealer has sent pics of my blocked egr cooler and waiting for a response. Im looking for some goodwill from Audi UK. Also another TP relating to cracked gear selctor and faulty clutch release bearing, so hoping for a good outcome

1 0 0

6. Re: Dealer advised against 6-spd gearbox Oil change...? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Another Update

As a recap, my car has been at the dealer since 2nd August (2021 btw), went in for new EGR cooler, New clutch + flywheel (ouch), 100k service, cambelt + water pump. They told me it was ready but when I went to pick it up on 19th August, it has some engine trims missing, the engine was rough on idle, and the CEL was still on. I made the mistake of settling the bill BEFORE checking over the car. Naturally I refused to accept the car after finding the problems and they said they'll rectify everything. Got a call from the service manager reassuring me they will not release the car until they are satisfied everything is sorted.

Since then, they have had the car and taken it on numerous test drives again and again, they reported the engine cuts out randomly and goes in limp mode, CEL is gone, and they found one of the techs hadn't connected a pipe (explains the rough idle). Today they said they want to strip the gearbox because they think the problem is in there (somewhere). They say they "think" because (apparently) there are no fault codes (or they just dont want to tell me... Im now cynical of what they say)
    Right at the outset, I asked them to change the gearbox oil but they they advised against it stating, "its a sealed unit and Audi advises against it".

So far I've been without my car for 6 weeks, they have let me drive one of their "managers" cars (Ive put on 2k miles just for my work) so I cant say they've left me in limbo but I sure hope they havent caused any of this extra damage and Im wondering what else have they done?.

The next time I go pick-up my car, does anyone think it un-reasonable to ask for the following:
    1) at least 1 years free Audi Roadside cover
    2) full tank of diesel
    3).... anything else?

0 0 0

7. Re: Dealer advised against 6-spd gearbox Oil change...? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    The gearbox is not sealed for life, you can change the oil if you want to and there is even one TPI to do with diff noises which even states the oil wears out. The produce is outlined on the dealer ELSAPRO system.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: Dealer advised against 6-spd gearbox Oil change...? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Although this is an old post, for what it is worth, today I had my gearbox oil replaced at 82K km (2.0TFSI 6-speed manual), and the oil was in a pretty bad state (you are supposed to change it at 60K km). This might have solved my problem with being unable to shift into the 1st and 2nd gear (at random times - although for the second gear, it seems that it was happening more often at steep hills).

0 0 0

9. Re: Dealer advised against 6-spd gearbox Oil change...? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I had the same problem changing from 1st to 2nd on any incline. Audi replaced the Gear Selector Lever which solved that issue.

Where did you get the gearbox oil change done? Or did you DIY?
    I want to do mine - lately noticed difference in sound coming from the gearbox.

0 0 0