Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hi

Recently I could hear a popping noise from the front with a momentary loss of power so that car bops a little between 30-50mph. When this happens you see the boost gauge fluctuating quickly so I’m guessing an issue with the first turbo as on the motorway it’s fine or I don’t notice the issue. The car is booked in as it’s under warranty.

The VCDS shows no fault when running a scan, so how can you check if there is an issue with the turbo from VCDS?

0 0 0

2. Re: SQ7 Tdi turbo issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, did you manage to find a solution to this?
    Im having the exact same issue you’re describing, also with my SQ7
    Have had it in with two different main dealer branches who say they’re checked everything and cannot find the fault nor reproduce it while its been in with them

Any help is much appreciated!
    Kind regards

0 0 0

3. Re: SQ7 Tdi turbo issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by merc_320 View Post
    Hi

Recently I could hear a popping noise from the front with a momentary loss of power so that car bops a little between 30-50mph. When this happens you see the boost gauge fluctuating quickly so I’m guessing an issue with the first turbo as on the motorway it’s fine or I don’t notice the issue. The car is booked in as it’s under warranty.

The VCDS shows no fault when running a scan, so how can you check if there is an issue with the turbo from VCDS?
    Hi, did you manage to find a solution to this?
    Im having the exact same issue you’re describing, also with my SQ7
    Have had it in with two different main dealer branches who say they’re checked everything and cannot find the fault nor reproduce it while its been in with them

Any help is much appreciated!
    Kind regards

0 0 0

4. Re: SQ7 Tdi turbo issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi I have similar symptoms, an almost stutter/cough in 2nd 3rd and sometimes 4th before it breaks through and continues to boost.

No fault codes. Did you get a solution to your issue?

0 0 0

5. Re: SQ7 Tdi turbo issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Still got the issues unfortunately. Audi could not find the fault after various trips. They even kept my car one weekend to test drive it but had no joy, instead it came back with an empty tank of fuel and a scuffed alloy whee. I even sent an email to Audi UK explaining the issues I’m having with the car and the dealership, again no luck there. My warranty expired a while back and they wanted me to
    extend it for an extra £1500 which I refused to do so as I’ve been going back and fourth with this issue for months.

I’ve taken it to an indy who was more helpful that Audi but unfortunately still no joy. Both turbos were removed have been professionally checked and are completely fine. Hoses, pipes and connectors checked. ECU software updated to latest version.
    The one thing the indy picked up on was that one of the air filters was noticeably dirtier than the other. Have had 2 new filters from tps fitted but still have the issue.
    i think the next step would be to investigate the electric turbo

0 0 0

6. Re: SQ7 Tdi turbo issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Did they check for blockages in the banjo bolt? That was my issue

0 0 0

7. Re: SQ7 Tdi turbo issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did they check for blockages in the banjo bolt? That was my issue
    yep, banjo bolt was clear

0 0 0

8. Re: SQ7 Tdi turbo issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Did you get the bolt and pipe it connects to replaced? The parts aren't expensive but the labour to it is

0 0 0

9. Re: SQ7 Tdi turbo issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did you get the bolt and pipe it connects to replaced? The parts aren't expensive but the labour to it is
    No, didnt replace them as they were perfectly clear without ant blockages. It was a friend of mine who has a garage so I was there with him. It was quite labour intensive and quite a few things had to come apart to get the pipe/bolt out. He ran brake cleaner through the pipe and banjo along with high pressure air from an air line. There was a very small amount of soot that came out as to be expected but wasn’t blocked or gunked up by any means.
    also had both turbos taken down to precision turbo who put them on their rig and tested them out, no issues there either.

one air filter was more dirtier than the other, not sure if that could be related. Have since replaced both filters

someone else reckons the electric turbo is a common issue on these cars

0 0 0

10. Re: SQ7 Tdi turbo issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I’ve got a very similar issue to this, I have replaced my electronic turbo with one from London turbos. I’m still having the same problem.

It’s driving me insane, Audi could not help. I’ve had a carbon clean to.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast