Hi Everyone, After 5 months of searching, a finally found & bought the 2016 Superb estate(81,000miles) a was looking for, (within the budget a had set!), Its a fully loaded model, Lovely car to drive, A big step up from my 2006 Passat Estate that a had & loved, for the past 7 years!. (Bigger than usual budget, There NO much positive's courtesy of lockdown, but thanks to Lockdown & Pubs being closed for over a year!!).
On the day a went to buy the car the seller (private sale)assured me that the EML had "just" came on that morning, so he took it to his local garage, run a full scan of system, and the fault came up as " DPF Differential pressure sensor - implausible signal " he offered to get the repair done & a could collect car few days later, but as a had just done a 4.5 hour journey, we had to reach a deal on the day, and he took costs of repair off price of car, Did a make a mistake here? as the EML is proving to be a bit of a nightmare!! as a was confident in my local independent garage, who av been using for MOT/Repairs for over 6 years.
The car done the journey home , no bother at all, no other problems, but when my local garage scanned the car 2 days later it showed - " Number 1 Glowplug " (&Not DPF pressure sensor), which they took out, it was knackered, it got replaced & fault codes cleared , EML light off. (£90.00)
On my 3rd journey in car after this repair,(A day and half later), It struggles to start - like clicking sounds as if the battery is dead and when it did start it sounded rough & slow actually starting as you turn key / EML comes back on, a return to garage for scan again, this time it shows " Low battery voltage " & battery not holding charge, New Battery installed.(£130). Scanned & input new battery details, no EML light on display - all good!
2 days later - Yip you know - EML light on again !! (A have not taken it back for a scan yet, as it starts stops runs fine)
Can anyone offer me any advice on the constant EML light ?
Is this a common fault in these cars or not?
My garage use up to date "Snap-On" reader equipment & software, is the source of the problem, only something Skoda can sort out?
Your thoughts & Input would be very much appreciated !
A also had the Timing belt & Water pump changed(£350)
So after paying out the most av ever spent on new car, am £570 into it and still EML light on, a was hoping buying a much newer car would be hassel free! but a do realise that now that it dont matter how old the car is, they will always throw up problems!!.
Thanks in advance.....