2004 A4 B6 Avant

Hi

Like it says, I parked a little far forward and unknowingly hooked the front bumper over a kerb upstand, then the pull-off damaged it when driving away later.

I stopped and managed to thump it kinda back toward where it all needed to go, and it feels pretty secure just not pretty-pretty!

I've added some photos, and I'm looking to check my opinion about how to approach it with others who have had the same experience.

it hooked on the right hand side of middle, and most of the pull-off damage was on that side. The left-side stayed largely in place but the right side was pulled heavily and distorted causing deformation and some further damage. All the grilles are fine however, just popped-off as the unit flexed.

Having had a good look over it on the car I think that with it off the car as a unit it couid be possible to wrangle it back in to a conforming shape by distorting the distortion back he other way in places, pushing out-of-line pieces like the two short vertical sections back where they should be, and then offering the readjusted unit back up and hope that the various clips and things align and can be pushed back in to place with the same swecuring clicks once tghe main mounting boltpositions have held it back in generally proper alignment so I can manipulate smaller sections moree closely back where they need to be.

Hoping for too much, or doable with time and care?

The basic operation of removing the unit whole in the first place is covered well in a number of YT videos, so I wouldn't expect a problem with that part.

So do people agree or disagree that this is a reasonable way to take a shot at it? from what you can see, is there anything that I'm not appreciating that you know from a similar experience is waiting to bite me?

I have tried for a couple of hours just to manhandle it all back in to place on the vehicle just as it is, but there's just too much resistance and too much reliance on some plastic clips to hold sections well enough despite the added resistance of its distortion in places.

If you've removed the bumper, whether for this or any other reason, did you find it easier removing the headlight units and approaching the bolts etc from above, or going in lower down through the wheel arches and leaving the headlights alone?

Any useful advice or tips would be massively appreciated, thanks!494.jpg495.jpg496.jpg498.jpg499.jpg500.jpg501.jpg502.jpg504.jpg