Hi to everyone, I'm a newbie here and joined this forum hoping to get some help from more knowledgeable members.
I am the proud owner of a 2009 VW Golf mk6 2.0 TDI which a couple of weeks ago decided to go into limp mode as I was on the motorway going up a slight hill doing in the region of 80mph. The glow plug light came on and the message in the dashboard said something like " Engine malfunction! Workshop" moment which went into limp mode and lost power. I managed to pull over about a mile away switched the engine off and once I switched it on everything was back to normal.
I took it to my mechanic which plugged it in and said that I've got a sticky turbo and needs to be taken off an cleaned. That is exactly what we did a few days later. Upon picking up the car with a cleaned turbo the problem still came back. I then used a basic code reader and it showed P0299 " Turbocharger/Supercharger underboost" Then he suggested I should change the N75 which didn't change anything. Apart from when I drive on the motorway at a speed of around 80 mph the car pulls like train and is very fast. I incline to think is the turbo actuator however he said he check it but I don't know what to think anymore. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciate. Many thanks