1. Re: Air Con Leak - Low Pressure Side 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Ok no worries I’ll get it hooked up and see what the Low and High pressures are like. We had no issues vacuuming the system and it holding vacuum. It passed that test otherwise it won’t proceed to injecting gas into system. Perhaps there is an issue when it’s pressurised? Leak somewhere? But seeing as there is still pressure / refrigerant must be ok?

Can the expansion valve have an impact on the cooling performance?

Condenser was replaced as it was the original one and had taken a beating….so may not be that.

0 0 0

2. Re: Air Con Leak - Low Pressure Side 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I had the expansion valve on one cause me grief the end of last year, I hardly ever have to replace them. Genuine were daft money but by Febi incredibly cheap.
    Last edited by Crasher; 24-05-2022 at 11:49 AM.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Air Con Leak - Low Pressure Side 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    If the are playing up what can happen? They fail internally? Anything I can look for?

0 0 0

4. Re: Air Con Leak - Low Pressure Side 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    It was on a 2006 ish Golf 5 GTI and we suspected it was the compressor so we changed it plus the condenser as stipulated together with a new sender but the system would not work so we fitted a new valve which fixed it.
    Last edited by Crasher; 24-05-2022 at 04:10 PM.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Air Con Leak - Low Pressure Side 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Ok thank you (shall try replacing the expansion valve as everything else is new).

Are you referring to the pressure sensor which is screwed down in Z at the bottom next to condenser as the “sender”?

0 0 0

6. Re: Air Con Leak - Low Pressure Side 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Yes, sender, sensor, same thing.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Air Con Leak - Low Pressure Side 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Well the AC has gone again….no more cold air from the vent….need to check but pretty sure lost pressure (again!).

When I remove the plastic cap on the high pressure side (thicker diameter pipe that goes from expansion valve to compressor 1K0 820 743) you can see it bubbling. So must be leaking from here. The schrader valve has been replaced with a brand new genuine VW part (8E0 820 855) so don’t understand why it’s leaking (unless it a bad valve or the pipe thread is worn).

Any advice on this please?

0 0 0

8. Re: Air Con Leak - Low Pressure Side 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    It's the same valve on the smaller pipe to condensor, so you could swap them over to see if the problem follows the valve or stays with the pipe's connection. If the latter then personally if it did get a breaker part 1K0820743CA that fits BAG, BKG, BLP and BLF engines. It's likely to have original valve fitted, and be leak free. New seals 4E0260749B and 8E0260749C, but you may have mentioned those higher up while trying other things.
    ======

Did this forum help you today? Help make sure it's here next time as well. Just click here to make a suitable donation using PayPal .

0 0 0

9. Re: Air Con Leak - Low Pressure Side 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Thanks @VAG-Abound I will give that a go. Seems strange that a new valve would be bad. I’ll try swapping them around and see what happens. Perhaps the pipe is damaged somewhere - should really inject with dye and get the UV lamp out but I’ve never had much success with that method. Think I’m not doing it correctly.

I’ll go and find some replacement pipes for the whole system (think there is 3 in total 1K0 820 743 CA, 1K0 820 721 AK, 1K0 820 741 BD) Can’t be much else left to replace other than the evaporator behind the dashboard / bulkhead.

0 0 0

10. Re: Air Con Leak - Low Pressure Side 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Just checked under the bonnet to see if both fans were running (when the AC is on) but they weren't.

Did a fault code scan and no codes......

Could the controller on the rad pack have gone?

Should I be looking for replacement fans? Would that stop the AC from working?

0 0 0

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast