Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All.
    New here but a longtime and loyal VW fan and driver. Hoping somebody may be able to shed some light on my Golf plus (07 plate) electrical issues.

Currently I have an issue where my nearside door no longer locks with the rest of the doors and is perpetually unlocked. Additionally my boot No longer responds to the microswitch under the badge and so is locked unless I fold the seats down and reach through to use the manual release lever inside, which is obviously not practical.

My first course of action, considering the low prices for the boot actuator and the boot switch / number plate bar- was to replace both of these components, reasoning that it was most likely one or the other. This had absolutely no effect with the boot still unresponsive.

For some other background, I have used a multimeter and am getting a 12v feed on both the switch / numberplate light bar and the actuator plugs. Additionally the lights on the bar for the numberplate light up with the lights switched on.

I have pulled back the rubber boots for both the boot and the door - making sure to pull them right across and look in the middle of the wire bunch from both ends. I have tried looking for gold plus wiring diagrams online - with no luck, I mostly find golf schematics. Are they identical to the 'plus' model?

I'm most keen on finding a solution to the boot issue. It doesnt have to be the cleanest, I would be happy to use a patch cable or similar to just get it working. Or perhaps I should replace the whole rear wiring harness? Again I'm not sure if a standard golf harness would work in a plus model...

Any feedback or ideas for direction would be appreciated.

I attach a few pics of the boot area for clarity.

Thanks

T
    IMG_20210717_145406.jpg
    Attached Images

0 0 0

2. Re: Boot Release & nearside door electrical Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    You need a fault code read of the central convenience system to see what is wrong or you could spend hours guessing and throwing parts at it only to find the convenience unit is faulty. You can download and print the entire cars genuine VW workshop manual including current flow diagrams for 7 Euro an hour from https://erwin.volkswagen.de and the Plus has a similar electrical architecture but is more related to the Caddy and Touran as the fuse box is completely different. WHY VW decided to have two similar but then different fuse architecture is only something they would know, I hope!
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0