Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hello everyone...

My car 06 passat b6 2.0 tdi

Firstly I started noticing an air leaking sound under boost so I've had a good look at the intercooler pipe and there is some oil seeping from the join near the intercooler and one of the other joints near the turbo. After a bit of research I think I need to replace the o rings so without taking the pipe off to have a look I'm not sure how many o rings there are.
    The air intake side I'm not so sure about because it's harder to get a look at it, are there o rings on that side that can be replaced? How many if so?

Hopefully someone remembers doing this job. I know there is a chance it could be the lugs worn down but I've had a little tug on the pipe at the joins and it doesn't feel loose so I didn't see the any point in taking the pipe off twice if it's just the seals

Thanks for reading

J

0 0 0

2. Re: Boost pipe o rings 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    When you disconnect the hoses you may find the lugs have worn through and need the hoses replacing anyway and these are available aftermarket now for much less than genuine but a totally oil free coupling is a rare thing and not a concern.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Boost pipe o rings 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Cheers crasher.

Do you recall how many o-rings there actually are?
    Hopefully it is just the rings but if not obviously like you say I'll need to replace the pipe

With regards to the boost leak noise I can hear, is it likely to be from the intercooler pipe and not the other side?

Cheers, J

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. 1.9 TDI PD - Boost pipe sealing rings
    By Devon Austin in forum Touran - Sharan - Caravelle
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-09-2018, 08:26 AM
  2. boost pipe set up 1.8t
    By laxxx in forum Passat - B5 Forum - 1997 -2005
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-03-2013, 12:06 AM