1. Car stoppes and is hard to start agean 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi first post here. Some weeks ago my 08 2.0tdi passat HL just stopped when I was turning into my street. I could not start it after and walked home. Day after I tried agean and after cranking 2/3 times for 10/15 seconds the car started. I drove home and it was agean really hard to start and stopped if I drove it. It showed code p1674. So I changed the camshaft sensor and it was a great success. I borrowed a different scanning tool. Drove it for 20 min without problems, and only code who came up was 00771. Cyl 3 misfire detected. But it drove like a charm. But the other day I was driving to another city. and after driving 40 min the car died agean. It was roadwork with only one line open and when I put the car in gear it died after 50 meters blocking the only open line. I had maybee 1500rpm in 1 gear. It started agean after long cranking 5/6 times. And in the city too it stopped while waiting for green ligth. And in a roundabout altso with under 2000rpm. Everytime i had to crank 5/6 times for up to 10 seconds.
    So I don't have any problems while the car is cold. Only when it's warm. And befoore I changed the cam sensor it didn't start when it was cold. Anyone know what the problem can be? I only bought the car 4 weeks ago.

I managed to stretch a gasket in the air hose when I changed the camshaft sensor. So it didn't fit. So now I drive without. I have ordered a new one, but can that be the source of the problem?

0 0 0

2. Re: Car stoppes and is hard to start agean 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    18055/P1647/005703 - Check Coding of ECUs on Powertrain Data Bus

Anyway, to me your problem is the crankshaft speed sensor
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Car stoppes and is hard to start agean 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    18055/P1647/005703 - Check Coding of ECUs on Powertrain Data Bus

Anyway, to me your problem is the crankshaft speed sensor
    Mr C didn't he put P1674 and not P1647?

1 0 0

4. Re: Car stoppes and is hard to start agean 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Doh...

18082 (P1674) - Powertrain Data Bus - Implausible Message from Instrument Cluster - Intermittent

still odd though and in which controller?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Car stoppes and is hard to start agean 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    "I managed to stretch a gasket in the air hose when I changed the camshaft sensor. So it didn't fit. So now I drive without."

Wonder which gasket and which hose - a boost hose perhaps? Surely that will cause an issue too.

0 0 0

6. Re: Car stoppes and is hard to start agean 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DMitch16 View Post
    "I managed to stretch a gasket in the air hose when I changed the camshaft sensor. So it didn't fit. So now I drive without."

Wonder which gasket and which hose - a boost hose perhaps? Surely that will cause an issue too.
    The front gasket on the intercooler air hose

0 0 0

7. Re: Car stoppes and is hard to start agean 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DMitch16 View Post

The front gasket on the intercooler air hose

Car noticed once at high rpm. went to limp mode and gave me code 08825 intake air system leak

0 0 0

8. Re: Car stoppes and is hard to start agean 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Doh...

18082 (P1674) - Powertrain Data Bus - Implausible Message from Instrument Cluster - Intermittent

still odd though and in which controller?
    I don't know. I just read that other with same code and syntoms'' had a failing or broken camshaft sensor. So I replaced it. And things got better but still not good

0 0 0

9. Re: Car stoppes and is hard to start agean 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I went now for a short ride. Cleared all codes and drove up a steep mountain roads for a few minutes. No codes appeared. But the car was maybee shaking a little in idle. I have not noticed this before. I altso went to live data on the scanner. I have no clue what anything means, but every data/number was in black writing except EQ_RATB1 S1 who was in red. With a value around 3.000

0 0 0

10. Re: Car stoppes and is hard to start agean 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Would that be partnumber VW 032 906 433 crankshaft impulse admitter/Crankshaft Position Sensor https://delespesialisten.no/bildeler...-20443241.html

0 0 0