Notices

User Tag List

Thread: OBDeleven test for parking sensor faults?

1. OBDeleven test for parking sensor faults? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello fellow B7 owners,

Another issue I want to resolve with our new 2011 B7 2.0TDi CFFB.
    The car has front + rear parking sensors (4x each ends, assume to be from factory).

When put in reverse gear, the parking sensor returns constant beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. I swipe cleaned the sensors with WD-40 and it worked as expected for one day and the constant beep returned. The recent heavy rain doesn't help, I doubt.

A simple "tip of fingernail on sensor" test indicated that I can feel clicking on all rear sensors (though the far left sensor was harder to sense than others). ALL FRONT SENSORS didn't click or vibrate at all. Could this be the issue??

I got OBDeleven Next Generation PRO last week so I plugged in to see if there's any test to show exactly which sensor is faulty. Autoscan returned no faults. And I can't find the module for parking sensor output test. Is anyone familiar with OBDeleven and parking sensor output test to identify faulty sensor??

I am a bit lost with using OBDeleven and it is rather annoying to have the constant beep when reversing...

Thank you and happy motoring!
    '11 VW B7 Passat Estate 2.0TDi CFFB (Current)
    '98 VW T4 Transporter 2.5TDi ACV (Previous)
    '99 Audi B5 A4 Avant 1.9TDi AFN (Previous)

0 0 0

2. Re: OBDeleven test for parking sensor faults? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    An update.

With a week of dry weather, the rear parking sensor is working as expected, without doing anything about it.

Walking around the rear sensors, I can definitely feel the "clicks" when I put my fingernail on the sensors. But only the central two seem to produce constant beep if I laid my hand over it. The outer two (far left and right) don't do this even when my hand is on the sensor. Is this correct?

I had a spare time this afternoon so I plugged OBDeleven again to see where the module for parking sensor is. No avail.

Another thing I woudl like to ask is:

• How do you tell if the installed sensor is acoustic or also compatible with optical display on RNS315?

The MMI is definitely RN315 but again, I couldn't see on OBDevelen how to check or activate optical display of rear sensors.

In grand scheme of things, these don't really matter as long as the sensors are working as expected, but I would like to know for my sanity.

Thank you and happy motoring!
    '11 VW B7 Passat Estate 2.0TDi CFFB (Current)
    '98 VW T4 Transporter 2.5TDi ACV (Previous)
    '99 Audi B5 A4 Avant 1.9TDi AFN (Previous)

0 0 0

3. Re: OBDeleven test for parking sensor faults? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi. I've got an OBDEleven and a B7 with parking sensor issues. When i run a scan i get an error. So definitely works for me (although i need to work out what's wrong still!).

0 0 0

4. Re: OBDeleven test for parking sensor faults? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Before i sold my B7 I would occasionally get beeps from OSR (drivers side rear). Most of time it worked properly then other times with nothing near the car it would bleep away when reversing.. Perhaps it’s age of car/sensors causing issues..

0 0 0