1. Looking to buy an A8 - some questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi. I知 looking to get either a 2016 or 2017 A8 (< 60000 miles but the lower the better) and wondering what thoughts people have

should I go LWB?

Black/Edition 21/SE Exec/Sport?

3.0TDI or 4.2TDI?

optional extras to look for?

optional extras to avoid?

things to check on a test drive and when looking over the car?

0 0 0

2. Re: Looking to buy an A8 - some questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    A8s are that common so not sure if you値l get much feedback. I haven稚 owned one (I知 A7) but I have been in them. The L is quite long - do you bed the space? Although you may get an L cheaper. 3.0tdi will be cheaper to run and will do you fine.
    Spec depends on your needs but full dynamic cruise would be good if you do long drives. Depending on the model it will come with most things.

I壇 ask for the timing belt to have been done and check the transmission oil has been done also.
    VW Passat GT 4 Motion 2.0 BiTdi, '16MY in Midnight Blue, keyless entry, memory seats, active info display and Discover Nav Pro
    Audi A7 20MY Vorsprung 3.0tdi in Daytona grey, with optional rear cup holders! (Previously A7 16my S Line)

0 0 0

3. Re: Looking to buy an A8 - some questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Hi, I have had 2 of the D4s, both 3.0 tdi’s. Regretted both as they were the SE spec (no Sport when I was buying) and found them wallowing too much, even in Dynamic mode.
    other than that, the normal wwheel base models are fine. Not too big like an S-Class and much prettier than both the S and the 7BMW 7.
    The interiors are great and strong.

Option wise, Bose, the mega adjustable seats (not the ones that look like sofas), I prefer lighter interiors as they don’t get as hot, extended leather is good and makes a visible difference. The 4.2 TDi is good. I wanted that, but have it in my D3 instead.
    makes ure you get the gearbox fluid changed if it has done more than 100k - it is NOT sealed for life as the dealer might tell you.
    lights - LEDs if you can, or change the xenons for better xenons (a few bolts and the headlamp units come out, no bumper drop needed)
    wheels… fine.
    adaptive cruise is genius and handy!

there are plenty out there, so take your time.

0 0 0