1. 17 inch space saver wheel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Hi, does anyone have information about the space saver spare wheel for a Golf 8 Style?

Mine is currently on the standard alloys with 225/45 R17 tyres: I've seen a space saver spare supposedly from a Golf 6 which has a T125/70 R17 tyre and the rim is stamped 17 x 4.00 B IS. I wondered if this is the correct one; as far as I know the PCD for all of the 5 stud wheels is 112. I'm guessing it has to clear the brake calipers as well as fit the hub.

0 0 0

2. Re: 17 inch space saver wheel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    If anyone knows the part number for the golf 8 style space saver that would help.

0 0 0

3. Re: 17 inch space saver wheel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    This is the 18" space saver wheel that came as standard with our 2020 model year Style.
    20210609_190646.jpg

20210609_190626.jpg

I've looked on the wheel but there doesn't seem to be a part number visible.....
    Golf Mk 1.5 eTSI 150PS DSG Style
    Reflex Silver / Storm Grey, Winter Pack, Reversing Camera, Headup Display

0 0 0

4. Re: 17 inch space saver wheel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Many thanks, you've stopped me from buying the wrong one.

0 0 0

5. Re: 17 inch space saver wheel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    According to the tyre pressure sticker inside the door of my car, the spare would be 125/70 r18.

0 0 0

6. Re: 17 inch space saver wheel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Thanks, that ties in with the photos from Handydave. I wondered how many different wheels that tyre is fitted to and which has the correct offset for my car on 225/45 tyres.

0 0 0

7. Re: 17 inch space saver wheel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi, I have recently bought a MK8 Golf Style Edition fitted with 17" Ventura wheels which I am looking for a space saver spare for. Like the post above the tyre pressure sticker (which does not quote fitted road wheel size) states the spare should be an 18". Does anyone know if this is definitely correct, I guess the rolling circumference could be the same as the 17" if the tyre profile is lower but seems a bit strange?

0 0 0

8. Re: 17 inch space saver wheel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bako28 View Post
    Hi, I have recently bought a MK8 Golf Style Edition fitted with 17" Ventura wheels which I am looking for a space saver spare for. Like the post above the tyre pressure sticker (which does not quote fitted road wheel size) states the spare should be an 18". Does anyone know if this is definitely correct, I guess the rolling circumference could be the same as the 17" if the tyre profile is lower but seems a bit strange?
    Its all about rolling circumference, so yes the correct space saver tyre/wheel for the Golf 8 is 18"

0 0 0

9. Re: 17 inch space saver wheel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Many thanks, does anyone know the correct part number?

Looking on eBay there seem to be a few available with a T125/70 R18 tyre for Mk7 Golfs will these fit a Mk 8 or is the offset different?

0 0 0

10. Re: 17 inch space saver wheel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bako28 View Post
    Many thanks, does anyone know the correct part number?

Looking on eBay there seem to be a few available with a T125/70 R18 tyre for Mk7 Golfs will these fit a Mk 8 or is the offset different?
    Don't have the part number, but I believe the wheel from 7 will fit the 8. Be aware you will probably also need a jack and the car does not come with the retaining bolt to hold the wheel into the floor (at least our '23 Golf didn't)

1 0 0