1. Google Maps….. again 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Has anyone else noticed Google maps has stopped updating in the Sat Nav in the last. Day or two ?

I can connect to Audi Connect so know my connection is good.

Car is no longer brining down the detailed satellite images.

0 0 0

2. Re: Google Maps….. again 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Yeah mine wasn’t working yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Regards Dean Warren. VCDS owner/user
    A6 C7 3.0 BiTDi Quattro Avant 2012 S-Line Tech pack tour Pack ACC Blind spot folding mirrors Sold
    S6 C8 3.0 TDI Quattro Avant 2021 360 Camera Bose Extended leather.

0 0 0

3. Re: Google Maps….. again 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    neither can you send locations from Google maps from a pc to the car.

My connect account runs out this month anyway, and as its £11.99 a month, no way would I be paying for what is limited funcionality any way, even if it worked properly.

I've given up and have bought the carplay wifi dongle for , and am now using Waze. Works a dream.

Clearly Audi and Google have had a fall out.
    Current Fleet
    2017 Audi A6 Avant BiTdi
    2008 BMW Z4M Roadster
    2003 Clio 172 Cup

0 0 0

4. Re: Google Maps….. again 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Just read a post on Piston Heads about a 2021 TT owner who has the same issues. Looks like the TT has a firm ware upgrade that you can do yourself which will then allow map imagery from Google to download from an alternative source to Audi. Wonder if anyone has seen one that will work for the A6?

0 0 0

5. Re: Google Maps….. again 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    I spoke to Audi about this - they said no for a 2017 car, but ok for 2018. That said the maps started working again, but I haven't checked to see if they've stopped now I am using carplay. Send location from the PC loss is a pain as I used that a lot, where you could set the location quite specific to say a car park entrance at an airport.

Shoddy that Audi and Google couldn't reach terms, and that there is no transparency.
    Current Fleet
    2017 Audi A6 Avant BiTdi
    2008 BMW Z4M Roadster
    2003 Clio 172 Cup

0 0 0

6. Re: Google Maps….. again 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    2013 (unlucky for sum:-) A6 BiTi Avant MMI Google earth and send to car no longer supported. Audi Farnborough " It is an Older Car and no longer supported" several conversations with Audi Customer care (sic) different words same effective message. So I have added some prime Chinese aftermarket Android under the dash to go along with all the other Chinese manufactured Audi parts I found there. It is not a comfortable mix systems sitting on top of systems are not often a pretty solution but in this case it is a solution in the most part. Whilst the MMI can be used just as it was it is no longer easy to use when using the android functionality ( CarPlay) where the MMI screen becomes part of your phone or runs in Android Auto, simple things like listening to the Radio or music on the MMI is not possible. It works best if you commit to one side or the other. There are no maps in the android unit, it downloads them as you go, in areas of poor coverage you get " nothing " no map (google or waze) and no search for destination. There might be a work round that but I have not found it yet. With all that said it is still a better solution than what is left of the functionality I am left with in my MMI (HI). Touch screen, better DSP than the Bose through the Bose Amp has much better sound to my ear and Google Maps / Waze send to / carry to car destination via your phone or Google maps it works !
    If I ever buy another Audi it will have a minimal MMI spec I will only want that it connects to my phone because as expensive as an iPhone is it still offers more than MMI at an even higher price !

0 0 0

7. Re: Google Maps….. again 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justinos View Post

I've given up and have bought the carplay wifi dongle for , and am now using Waze. Works a dream.
    Would you mind sharing which one you bought and whether you already had wired carplay up and running? Mine has wired carplay but greyed out as it was a cost option. Thanks.
    Now: 2016 C7 2.0TDi BE with Tech Pack, magic parking, ambient lighting
    Previous: 2013 C7 2.0 TDi S Line
    C6 2.0 TDI LE
    A4 2.0 TDI SE
    and an ancient 80 in the olden days...

0 0 0

8. Re: Google Maps….. again 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    I got mine from Carplay2air.com - very happy so far. Slightly hazy pairing instructions, but once done, it fine. It can also do over wifi firmware upgrade.

It takes a moment for it to pair when you get in the car, but the process starts from when you open the car, rather than turn ignition on from what I can gather - i am talking 15-20 seconds, so no hardship.

Navigating around Carplay doesnt seem as intuitive as the Audi MMI, but I can live with that.

I have mine permantly on Waze now, but can use Google maps as well via Carplay app, so none of the Audi/Google fall out issues as it is in effect running the app on the phone.
    Current Fleet
    2017 Audi A6 Avant BiTdi
    2008 BMW Z4M Roadster
    2003 Clio 172 Cup

0 0 0

9. Re: Google Maps….. again 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justinos View Post
    I got mine from Carplay2air.com - very happy so far. Slightly hazy pairing instructions, but once done, it fine. It can also do over wifi firmware upgrade.
    Thanks, I am looking at a Road Top box at the moment as I have the factory carplay greyed out - box is £240 plus fitting, activating carplay at a dealer looks more like £400.
    Now: 2016 C7 2.0TDi BE with Tech Pack, magic parking, ambient lighting
    Previous: 2013 C7 2.0 TDi S Line
    C6 2.0 TDI LE
    A4 2.0 TDI SE
    and an ancient 80 in the olden days...

0 0 0

10. Re: Google Maps….. again 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    There is a guy on the a5 owners club says he can get it working again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Regards Dean Warren. VCDS owner/user
    A6 C7 3.0 BiTDi Quattro Avant 2012 S-Line Tech pack tour Pack ACC Blind spot folding mirrors Sold
    S6 C8 3.0 TDI Quattro Avant 2021 360 Camera Bose Extended leather.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast