1. grey globe for 4 days now 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hi all, hope all is well. Got the grey globe now and been on for 4 days constant . Have done all the routine things, soft reset ,played about with user accounts , all settings on screen privacy and all that and when i try to connect to anything it says internet not available for example the one score app thing . So looks like it will be a phone call monday to the dealer to see if it is something silly .

Was just wondering if anyone has known it tp be the fault of the infotainment centre at all, as i can not see anything else can actually do myself to resolve it, so just wondering if any one has known it to be a fault of the infotainment system itself . The car is an early build version if that makes a difference .

Will report back here when i find out what it is ,may help others.

Thank you

0 0 0

2. Re: grey globe for 4 days now 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leea123 View Post
    Hi all, hope all is well. Got the grey globe now and been on for 4 days constant . Have done all the routine things, soft reset ,played about with user accounts , all settings on screen privacy and all that and when i try to connect to anything it says internet not available for example the one score app thing . So looks like it will be a phone call monday to the dealer to see if it is something silly .

Was just wondering if anyone has known it tp be the fault of the infotainment centre at all, as i can not see anything else can actually do myself to resolve it, so just wondering if any one has known it to be a fault of the infotainment system itself . The car is an early build version if that makes a difference .

Will report back here when i find out what it is ,may help others.

Thank you
    In many cases the issues with he grey globe and not being able to access the Internet is a problem with the VAG servers and nothing to do with the car. My A6 was "offline" all of Friday no data being downloaded to the car and unable to access the car with the MyAudi app although on this occasion the Golf still seemed to be OK. In the UK Cubic Telecom, the eSIM network provider that VAG uses, uses the EE network and sometimes the issues are due to poor access to the EE network.

0 1 0

3. Re: grey globe for 4 days now 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    VAG group buy mobile network access from Cubic Telecom who in turn buy it from BT (EE). The issue in the UK is capacity (bandwidth) related. Frankly it's poor. If you buy a service from VAG for actual money it will be a bit better because you have an actual supply contract. The We Connect Service in the Golf 8 is "free" you signed a contract for 0 Euros (or your dealer did it for you).
    So if the network is too busy you get no service.
    If VAG servers are "down" you get no service.
    If you've got poor phone signal, common on the BT /EE network you get no service.
    Amazing it works at all actually!
    Older VAG vehicles where you pay for the SIM yourself and have choice of network are actually better IMHO.
    Probably in a pit underneath a steam loco somewhere.

0 0 0

4. Re: grey globe for 4 days now 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I tried to use amplifiers I got via Cell Phone Signal Boosters - GSM, 3G, 4G, LTE boosters, it helped a lot. You can try it as well.

0 0 0