Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello
    I noticed that my kick to open boot doesn't open anymore.
    I read a few threads saying that it can be awkward to open and even the type of shoe you wear effects if the sensor picks it up.
    However, i tired all these suggestions and went to scan with vcds and there appears to be an electrical failure on the rear lid opening sensor 1.
    Question is: is that the one in the bumper or is it something to do with the latch in the trunk. I'm guessing it's not the latter as the boot shows as closed when closed and the fob and button inside the car opens the boot just fine.

I've never seen the lid opening sensor 1 and i imagine there must be more than 1 since vcds refers to it sensor 1.

The only thing i can think of is that i power washed underneath the car during the frosty season. I don't use kick to open often but it's handy, especially if you come out of a shop with a slab of cans and you want to get them out of sight immediately lol.

I have an inspection camera that i might stick up under the bumper if that's where it is but I'm not sure if that's the sensor i should be looking at.
    Anyone have any experience with this?
    Thanks20210604_191516.jpg

0 0 0

2. Re: Vw arteon easy open kicking of boot not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was able to fix this by getting at the sensor module on the rear right hand side of the rear bumper. It's mounted on top of the hollow on the RHS of it. I disconnected both 3 pin and 4 pin connectors and sprayed them with contact cleaner and connected and disconnected them a few times.
    I then cleared the error which stayed away this time and i tried the kick to open feature again and it worked. So that saves me buying a new module and sensor wires. Btw they can be bought used on ebay for around £45 or new on alixpress for around £45 to £70, depending on the version of the sensor you have.

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2021, 05:21 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2021, 05:21 PM
  3. Rear door won't open from inside - easy to fix ?
    By roblightbody in forum Golf MK6 - 2009 - 2013
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 29-01-2020, 12:17 PM
  4. traction control kicking in easy
    By waynegts in forum Audi A6 - C5 Forum - 1998 - 2004
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2014, 08:58 AM
  5. Please Help 'Boot Open' switch not working
    By gs88 in forum Passat - B5 Forum - 1997 -2005
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 30-01-2009, 07:01 PM